how FTP see our databases?

• pablojavier
      pablojavier
      Bronze
      hi i am from latin community, and i have a question that they cant respond.

How does FTP know if you are using a database that is not yours? cause sql has a password to see the things in there

Are they acctually banning accounts or that theme just passed away?

I am going to start playing in NL50 and i am interesting in playing with stats, not just to make my own ones.

Thanks
  • 3 replies
    • pablojavier
      pablojavier
      Bronze
      156 visits and no comments?? come on, at leat say of opinion if you dont know how they do it... it has to be some DB expert around us, talk dont keep the secret :f_biggrin:

bye bye
    • alejandrosh
      alejandrosh
      Bronze
      how can someone know? can they actually see that? it's certanly not impossible imo but not very practical/easy to do.
    • andyb43
      andyb43
      Bronze
      Originally posted by pablojavier
      156 visits and no comments?? come on, at leat say of opinion if you dont know how they do it... it has to be some DB expert around us, talk dont keep the secret :f_biggrin:

bye bye
      Erm.......I am the least computer knowledagble person I know, but you asked for an opinion........

Logically the link between e.g. Elephant and FTP is a 2 way street. You can see them , therefore they can see you......simple hey?