SB:
      $6.20
      BB:
      $10.75
      MP2:
      $29.70

$0.05/$0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)

Preflop: Hero is BB with J, J.
      CO posts deadblind, 2 folds, CO checks, BU folds, SB calls $0.05, Hero raises to $0.7, CO calls $0.60, SB folds.

Flop: ($1.50) 7, 6, 2 (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.00, CO calls $1.00.

Turn: ($3.50) Q (2 players)
      Hero bets $5.00, CO calls $4.30.

River: ($12.80) 7 (2 players)

Final Pot: $12.80.
  • 6 replies
    • Jaissica
      Jaissica
      Bronze
      Thats a pretty aggressive second barrel on the turn. I guess the reason was that a reasonable bet would leave nothing for the river, effectively meaning any bet means a stack bet, but im not sure about a (relatively, though appropriate for a dry flop) weak flop bet then an overshove turn to a card that cracks you.
    • delete461
      delete461
      Bronze
      check/fold turn - any more action here has you pot committed, exactly what you want to avoid.
    • Michailewic
      Michailewic
      Bronze
      check/fold is weak, direct shove means overestimation of your hand.

I bet $2.25 on the turn and if he shoves I might call since there are some draws (staright draw and flush draw).

If not raised, I would c/c the river (to let him bluff if he missed his draw).
    • Fongie
      Fongie
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Michailewic

I bet $2.25 on the turn and if he shoves I might call since there are some draws (staright draw and flush draw).

I can't c/f here either, that queen is pretty unlikely and I'm going broke here too. I kind of prefer Michailewic's way to shoving it myself on the turn, I think we get more money from worse hands by betting smallish (2.25 is good) than by shoving, so..
      +1 :)
      Shoving is not a big mistake though. I just think theres more value in this :)
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by Fongie
      Originally posted by Michailewic

I kind of prefer Michailewic's way to shoving it myself on the turn
      Michailewic is not shoving on turn :P don't shove the turn, you are turning your hand into bluff.
      I'd bet the turn ~$2.30 and make the crying Check/Call on river.
    • Fongie
      Fongie
      Bronze
      I prefer Michailewic way to shoving it myself on turn = I prefer Michailewic way better than to shove it myself on turn, or even I prefer Michailewic way OVER shoving it myself on turn :]