This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] NL20 QQ play, river bet size?

• Dragar
      Dragar
      Bronze
      Known players:    
      SB:
      $35.21
      Hero:
      $21.45

0.1/0.2 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q:diamond: , Q:spade:
      4 folds, SB calls $0.10, Hero raises to $1.00, SB calls $0.80.

Flop: ($2.00) J:spade: , T:diamond: , 3:diamond: (2 players)
      SB bets $2.00, Hero calls $2.00.

Turn: ($6.00) 8:spade: (2 players)
      SB bets $6.00, Hero calls $6.00.

River: ($18.00) Q:club: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $7.00, SB calls $7.00.

Final Pot: $32.00

Very bad spot to have set I think. Its supposed to be a thin value bet. Villain is a very big fish so I do not believe he has a hand which actually beats me, but I still want his worse hand to call.
  • 4 replies
    • BogdanDin7
      BogdanDin7
      Bronze
      If he is a big fish he will call a raise on the flop with Jx/Tx and all kind of draws and even if it`s not the case you need to protect on that very wet board and you need information so I`m raising flop. As played I`m betting 10$ on river. After two pot sized bets I think he has either two pairs or lower set and he will call I think
    • Jaissica
      Jaissica
      Bronze
      Hard to be too aggressive on the river when any 9 beats us, especially against a fish who might well take that 9 to the river... I like the smaller value bet and might even have checked down.
    • Jumbles
      Jumbles
      Bronze
      Originally posted by BogdanDin7
      If he is a big fish he will call a raise on the flop with Jx/Tx and all kind of draws and even if it`s not the case you need to protect on that very wet board and you need information so I`m raising flop. As played I`m betting 10$ on river. After two pot sized bets I think he has either two pairs or lower set and he will call I think
      You may as well shove. If he's calling $10 he's calling $12.50.

I would definitely raise the flop.
    • darkonebg
      darkonebg
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hello,
      As said, raise on this flop for value and protection.
      As played, raise turn for the same reasons.
      As played, he is never checking a made str8 here since the pot is too big.Therefore you can shove for value.
      Best regards,
      darkonebg

[size=10]If you have any further questions about this hand,
      dont hesitate to ask them in this thread,
      and dont forget to click the "Advise the judge of taking another look " button in the reply form.[/size]