[NL2-NL10] Nl10 Ak check turn, call river?

• Volrath89
      Volrath89
      Bronze
      Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      BB:
      $22,85
      MP1:
      $17,60
      MP2:
      $6,60
      MP3:
      $11,55
      Hero:
      $14,35

0,05/0,1 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BU with K:diamond: , A:heart:
      UTG2 folds, MP1 calls $0,10, MP2 calls $0,10, MP3 calls $0,10, CO folds, Hero raises to $0,70, SB folds, BB calls $0,60, 2 folds, MP3 calls $0,60.

Flop: ($2,35) A:club: , 3:spade: , T:diamond: (3 players)
      BB checks, MP3 checks, Hero bets $1,20, BB folds, MP3 calls $1,20.

Turn: ($4,75) T:heart: (2 players)
      MP3 checks, Hero checks.

River: ($4,75) 5:heart: (2 players)
      MP3 bets $2,50, Hero calls $2,50.

Final Pot: $9,75

Ok, I wasnt sure about my river play.. folding or raising could be better? (I was actually tempted to raise, didnt actually think about folding when i was in the hand..)
  • 4 replies
    • Jaissica
      Jaissica
      Bronze
      I like as played. Flop is dry so bet size is good, turn we play a bit of pot control, river we call a half pot bet to find out of TPTK is good on a still-dry board.
    • delete461
      delete461
      Bronze
      When in position: Bet flop, check behind turn and call river. Well played.
    • Michailewic
      Michailewic
      Bronze
      I like c-bet flop, check behind the turn and call the river.

You cannot fold the river after you checked behind the turn since he will bet wide rande of his hands (after you showed weakness).

And you cannot raise the river since no worse hand would call you.
    • Faye6891
      Faye6891
      Bronze
      Hi Volrath89,

Flop: I like the way you played, but I think you could've bet a little more on the flop, maybe around 2/3 of the pot.
      You don't need to protect but you could extract more value from worse hands though.

Just a little note => I don't think it's wrong to bet 1/2 pot here, I just find it important that you bet the same amount you'd bet if you had missed. I usually c-bet 2/3 when I miss, so that's how much I'd bet here.

Turn: Against an unknown, checking is fine. But against a loose calling station, you could bet all streets. And if you have a LAG image (you probably don't) you could also bet here.

River: As played you can't fold here. As Michailewic pointed out after checking behind the turn he could bet a wide range into you, he could even try a bluff since your check on the turn act as a bluff inducer.

I find it very hard for a worse hand to call a raise here, even if it's a min-raise.
      You should ask two very important questions here:
      1."What worse hands will call me?"
      2."What better hands will fold?"
      IMO, against an unknown the answer to both questions is "none", so just calling his river bet is the best option.

Well, NH! :)