Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      MP3:
      $50.50
      Hero:
      $49.75

0.25/0.5 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BU with A:heart: , J:heart:
      MP3 raises to $1.75, CO folds, Hero calls $1.75, 2 folds.

Flop: ($4.25) J:spade: , 4:heart: , 9:club: (2 players)
      MP3 bets $3.25, Hero calls $3.25.

Turn: ($10.75) 7:diamond: (2 players)
      MP3 bets $7.50, Hero calls $7.50.

River: ($25.75) 5:heart: (2 players)
      MP3 bets $22.00, Hero calls $22.00.

Final Pot: $69.75

is my hand too weak to call? he has high WTS and high AF so i just decided to call anyway
  • 3 replies
    • Talic
      Talic
      Bronze
      once again I use my position and 3bet here, you can very often take it down preflop and I think he has to fold a big part of his range

as played I like your WA/WB line on flop ad turn

I think he should give up on river every hand you beat (JT+) and c/c.
      If you 3bet pf. you wouldnt get into this situation, Im not sure about the river.
    • Dragar
      Dragar
      Bronze
      Hi

I would raise, or better yet min-raise, the flop.

Min-raise usually indicates a strong hand (fish use it to get more value), hence a better hand lets say an overpair has 2 options: Shove or call.
      If he shoves, easy fold and money saved. If he calls... he might check the turn. You can check behind and call river for cheap. If he bets strong again into the turn, which would mean he most probably does not have JK or J10 or so, you can fold too.

Either way.. its a better line for WA/WB I think.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Depends on the player you can fold river, to call there down he has to bluff aa lot of times, or valuebet that big with KJ (which I don´t believe he would do a lot of times).
      So generally your hand has the same value there than 4x, you beat bluff, but not a lot more.

And I like also 3-bet pf (especially when player hasn´t 4-bet me before) and get all-in with top pair most of the flops.