[NL2-NL10] Nl4 Oesd

• Gamer135
      Truth be told, I don't know why I was involved in this hand as I usually don't play suited connectors unless I'm in late position in an unraised pot. But I think it lead to an interesting hand.

Known players:

0.02/0.04 No-Limit Hold'em (10 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with T:club: , 9:club: . UTG posts a blind of $0.04.
      UTG checks, 3 folds, Hero calls $0.04, MP3 calls $0.04, CO folds, BU calls $0.04, SB calls $0.02, BB checks.

Flop: ($0.24) 8:spade: , J:diamond: , 9:spade: (6 players)
      SB checks, BB checks, UTG checks, Hero bets $0.16, 4 folds, UTG calls $0.16.

I raised here to protect my pair against other draws, and to build the pot in case I hit.

Turn: ($0.56) T:diamond: (2 players)
      UTG bets $0.04, Hero calls $0.04.

I'm not sure what to make of the villain's donk bet. I decided to call for pot control with the intention of check-folding the river as a raise from him probably would have meant that he had hit his straight. But...

River: ($0.64) 9:heart: (2 players)
      UTG bets $0.16, Hero raises to $0.56, UTG calls $0.40.

I'm probably good here. If he has J9 or TT, I'm unlucky. I had a feeling that a pot-sized raise might scare him off so I went for around 2/3 pot instead.

Final Pot: $1.76

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows a full-house, nines full of tens (Tc 9c)
      UTG shows a straight, queen high (Qs 6c)

Hero wins with a full-house, nines full of tens (Tc 9c)

• 3 replies
    • delete461
      preflop - open limping is a no-no, either raise or fold. This kind of play will too often leave you in unpleasant situations postflop.

flop - board is extremely drawy so bet potsize here

turn - raise his minbet, then fold to reraise. River is highly unlikely to help you, so calling his bet is pointless.

river - well played
    • Michailewic
      I would isolate poster preflop with T9s.

Check behind on the flop. You will not scare worse hands and if you hit your straight, you will not be paid. Your middle pair is not worth to be protected agaisnt 3 opponents.

On the turn, you should give it up but you have perfect odds to call and still you may have the best hands (you should not fold to minbet), so call is right move.

The river is perfect. I would raise to $0,64.
    • veriz

Preflop: Raise it up or just fold.
      Flop: Check behind, there is no point to bet here into so big multiway pot.
      Turn: Mostly you are beaten here but the guy gives you perfect odds to call, so you can call and reevaluate river.
      River: Our dream come true, we hit the nuts :D [pot+his bet+(2xhis bet)=0.64+0.16+(2*0.16)=$1.12], so you can easily raise ~$1 and hope him to call with his straight or something similar.

Best regards,