I haven't been playing my A game lately..

• 17 replies
    • mishkagg
      mishkagg
      Bronze
      Just try hard on concentrating and get rid of distactions while playing the game. I don't think there's more to add.
    • SalamiandCheese
      SalamiandCheese
      Bronze
      Well, the first thing you should do is play your A game. Read the articles, review sessions, post hands, etc and stick to the game plan. I started making vids of my sessions and it helped. Camastia has a free trial and there's other options, such as camstudio, an opersource app.
    • Dragar
      Dragar
      Bronze
      Play when you feel ready to play. Don't force yourself to play.
      When your getting annoyed take a break.
    • SheepMoose
      SheepMoose
      Bronze
      That's exactly what I try to do. I usually cool off with a shower or a walk or something when on tilt. Lately I've had a nice run of cards though.

• LuborC
      LuborC
      Bronze
      Your stacksizes seem kind of weird. Are you playing the BSS as tought here by pokerstrategy or some kind of weird no-real-strategy kind of strategy?
    • SheepMoose
      SheepMoose
      Bronze
      I usually just buy in with around 100bb's.
    • LuborC
      LuborC
      Bronze
      I just asked because in the second picture you should be able to buyin for 5$ and you are only winning 4$ after an allin. That would mean you only bought in for like 2$ and you cannot really play BSS nor SSS with that amount.
      100BB is the right buyin for BSS though so if you follow the strategy and still work on you game you should start winning again. Breakeven or even losing periods happen to all of us.
    • SheepMoose
      SheepMoose
      Bronze
      The reason I only won $4 is because I lost a few dollars earlier on that table. I did buy in for $5 though, and came out of the table break even.
    • NightFrostaSS
      NightFrostaSS
      Bronze
      Turn auto rebuys on. ;)
    • SheepMoose
      SheepMoose
      Bronze
      So today I decided to play some sit and goes.
      I tried playing a couple a few weeks ago and did shit in them all, so I really thought that they weren't for me.
      I placed 3rd in one that I entered, and 1st in the one I just finished then. :)

My A game isn't consistently there, but hopefully I can try and change that.
    • Fongie
      Fongie
      Bronze
      If you're going to play SnGs then read the articles first!! They're not compareable to playing cash games. Oh, and if you play cash games with BSS, then please always rebuy to 100bb ;)
    • SheepMoose
      SheepMoose
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Fongie
      If you're going to play SnGs then read the articles first!! They're not compareable to playing cash games. Oh, and if you play cash games with BSS, then please always rebuy to 100bb ;)
      I've read a few articles, I have a basic idea of what I'm doing. Before playing cash games I used to play MTT, so I have a basic idea of how to play tournaments and/or sit and goes. :)

Edit: So I just played another Sit and go and won it. The sit and goes really are fun. :)
    • NightFrostaSS
      NightFrostaSS
      Bronze
      Articles is not enough, download icm trainer and practice, practice, practice.
      Anyway, GL with whatever you choose to play. :)
    • SheepMoose
      SheepMoose
      Bronze
      Thanks nightfrosta. :)

Today has started of being a little bad for myself and my bankroll. Overall I lost 9 dollars or so. :P

So I gotta go and grind that back now.
    • SheepMoose
      SheepMoose
      Bronze
      Today was an incredible day until an hour ago, Holy crap am I pissed off.
      I was up $40 today, and lost $30 of it. Just lost a huge hand, when my pocket aces were beaten by 7 deuce.

argh :evil:
    • andyb43
      andyb43
      Bronze
      Originally posted by SheepMoose
      I'll double up, and lose that plus more the next day.

Tips?
      There's your answer..............don't play the next day :D
    • MrMardyBum
      MrMardyBum
      Bronze
      I have a little strategy for this..... :D

I keep little bits of cash in random poker sites around the net.... $10 here $20 there and when I am using my regular poker room and my cash game is kind of 'off'. I switch to one of these other sites and just play something a bit different... A little bit of Stud usually. Or I just go enter a few tournaments on a different site...

I dunno why, I think you get bored of staring at the same thing day in day out, so when you switch it makes a little bit of a change and you aren't losing money from your main bankroll. When you have something new to look at I think you concentrate slightly more as you are not so comfortable.

I dunno, maybe it's just me, but I find this helps me.