Rake sum in PS Elephant

• jorsalves
      jorsalves
      Bronze
      Hi!
      I'm using PS Elephant for almost a month and i don't know how can i compare the rake sum showned in the analyse tab with the rakeback from one poker room!
      for example:
      Supose i have a value of 100$ in rake sum at PS elephant. That value means that if i'm in a poker room with 30% rakeback i should receive 30$ of rake at the end of the month? Or that total rake sum is calculated from a different maner by the poker room? There are poker rooms that use contributed rake system and others dealt rake, PS Elephant calculates the sum rake by what of those systems? Dealt rake?

My all ideia of this post is to compare the 100$ buy-a-bonus given by Partypoker points (1500PP needed) with a hipotetical rakeback system, and see if they are similar, because many people say that rakeback system is better, and i want to compare in this particular case the rake the i generate to make 1500PP and see if the 100$ buy-a-bonus is better or worst that a 30% rakeback system.

I hope i explained myself good.

Best regards...
  • 5 replies
    • jorsalves
      jorsalves
      Bronze
      So nobody knows how is calculated the rake sum in PS Elephant?
    • dextart
      dextart
      Bronze
      I think I know. I compared it to the one calculated by PT3 (which shows both dealt and paid rake), and it seems that Elephant's rake is within margin of error of what PT3 says to be paid rake.

Now, to calculate which is better - the rake or cash bonuses, I have made the following estimations for the NL50 level I currently play (and hence have 30k+ hands to make accurate enough assumptions):

1. Average rake per raked hand = $0.051 (actually, I play on Stars, but I don't think this should be very different for Party)
      2. Party gives you 10 party points for every 67 raked hands played at $0.25/$0.50
      3. So, different bonus cash package levels, expressed in terms of rakeback would be:

Silver. $50 + $100 for 1500PP = 10050 raked hands = ~$500 of dealt rake. Equals 30% rakeback.
      Gold. $500 + $1000 for 12000PP = 80400 RH = ~$4100 of dealt rake. Equals 36.6% rakeback.
      Palladium. $1500 + $3000 for 30000PP = 201000 RH = ~$10250 of dealt rake. Equals 44% rakeback.
      Palladium Elite. $15000 for 150000PP = 1005000 RH = ~51250 of dealt rake. Equals 29% rakeback. Except for the convenience of not having to clear the bonuses, I don't really get the point of this one... Perhaps I would if I were Palladium Elite though :)

Of course, for rakeback you normally don't need to do any clearing or wait till you accumulate some amount of points, so it is more straightforward, but as you can see, cash bonuses can be more profitable.

Btw, PokerStars higher VIP levels are able to offer better cash returns, but that comes at a cost of lower level players:

SilverStar buying $50 cash bonus - equivalent of 10% rakeback
      GoldStar buying $285 cash bonus - equivalent of 15.2% rakeback
      PlatinumStar buying $650 cash bonus - equivalent of 21.6% rakeback
      Supernova buying $1500 cash bonus - equivalent of 35% rakeback
      Supernova buying $4000 cash bonus - equivalent of 37.3% rakeback
      Supernova Elite buying $4000 cash bonus - equivalent of 53.3% rakeback

However, I guess Elite is hardly achievable on NL50 (Supernova should be possible though), so the last figure should be taken with a grain of salt...
    • Khiiniau
      Khiiniau
      Gold
      Is it possible to get an official answer from Elephant support if rake is calculated correctly or not from all supported sites:

- Titan
      - Mansion
      - Party
      - FullTilt
      - Pokerstars
      - Everest
    • jorsalves
      jorsalves
      Bronze
      nice answer dextart! u made a nice analisys! On party the point system is a little bit different, but in overall should be close to Pokerstars. Ty for your answer ;)
    • dextart
      dextart
      Bronze
      You are welcome :) Hopefully it'll help you make the right choice.