[NL20-NL50] 99 against fish

• Balanarm
      Balanarm
      Bronze
      Turn play? River play on non-blanks?

69/3/29/1.1, 200 hands.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (6 handed) - Party-Poker Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

MP ($50.06)
      SB ($55.03)
      BB ($50)
      Hero (UTG) ($50)
      CO ($52.44)
      Button ($68.74)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with 9:heart: , 9:club:
      Hero bets $2, 2 folds, Button calls $2, 2 folds

Flop: ($4.75) 8:heart: , 3:diamond: , 5:spade: (2 players)
      Hero bets $3.50, Button calls $3.50

Turn: ($11.75) 5:heart: (2 players)
      Hero checks, Button bets $5.58, Hero calls $5.58

River: ($22.91) 2:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $12, Button calls $12

Total pot: $46.91
  • 8 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello,

Turn: I'd bet the turn also.
      River: Check/Call, depending on the bet, if the bet is a way too big then I might consider folding.

Best regards,
      Rensu
    • BogdanDin7
      BogdanDin7
      Bronze
      I like c/c turn. You have good showdown value and a raise there would be an ugly spot. If river is not a blank I would bet 1/2 pot /fold to a raise.
    • darkonebg
      darkonebg
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hello,
      Against a fish its easy 3 streets betting for value, as he will clearly call off 8x or lower PPs to the river.If you get raised though, its an easy fold.
      I dont get your turn check.There is no point of being tricky against a fish, you are clearly losing value that way.I'd bet standart like 1/2 to 2/3 pot.
      Ugly rivers - 8 or some overcard ( a fish is capable of calling twice with overs), just check/fold. He wont bet unless he has you beat.On such a favorable river, its easy bet for value though.Your sizing is adequate.
      Best regards,
      darkonebg

[size=10]If you have any further questions about this hand,
      dont hesitate to ask them in this thread,
      and dont forget to click the "Advise the judge of taking another look " button in the reply form.[/size]
    • Balanarm
      Balanarm
      Bronze
      I don't think bet-folding turn is too good, I don't see him raising any value hands there(if any at all), 5 he will mostly slowplay, he can only raise 8 and bluffs sometimes.

Bet-fold to a raise is not as clear as you think, there are so many hands which I beat after his raise, and monsters he would most likely slowplay, the problem is he can have TT-JJ here.
    • darkonebg
      darkonebg
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      The qualification of a loose-passive player is
      1.Loose
      2. Passive
      So you can expect him to bring a very big range to showdown, by calling off his chips.Of course you will see TT+ , but his calling range is so huge that it doesnt matter, odds are hugely in your favor.
      On the other side, a loose-passive player is checking and calling mostly. When he starts betting and raising you should proceed with caution, as they rarely bluff, and when they do they do either a massive overbet or a pretty smallish one.
      A fish would never raise turn with a hand that doesnt have you beat.
      He could have any two on the turn,will check behind a lot of his calling range, and check/calling puts you in a negative freeroll.
    • Balanarm
      Balanarm
      Bronze
      I think you are very wrong. You can't judge the hand only knowing my opponent's type. 1st of all you can't know who he is! Secondly, those passive players usually go crazy with TP, they just call everything else, but with TP+ they are crazy. Yestreday I played with a guy and he went all-in 2 times with TP 4-8 kicker and he had 0.4 AF.
    • Balanarm
      Balanarm
      Bronze
      The main reaosn for my check-call is that I saw him CCing even QQ preflop. Otherwise I'd bet-call.
    • darkonebg
      darkonebg
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      My job is to give you an argumented objective hand evaluation based on the information you shared.
      Majority of players with the stats you shared are behaving just the way I described. You having any additional metagame is another thing.The behavior you described is typical for a player called "a maniac", who has far different stats.
      Anyway, even the history of him CCing QQ preflop should make you more inclined to bet/fold than to check/call.You can answer yourself why.Same reason for bet/calling if you didnt see it.