[NL20-NL50] QQ against fish

• Balanarm
      Balanarm
      Bronze
      50/15/40/1.5

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (6 handed) - Party-Poker Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

SB ($46.29)
      CO ($49.25)
      MP ($47.47)
      Button ($19.85)
      Hero (UTG) ($58.97)
      BB ($50)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with Q:heart: , Q:spade:
      Hero bets $2, 3 folds, SB calls $1.75, 1 fold

Flop: ($4.50) 7:spade: , 2:diamond: , 8:club: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $3.50, SB raises $7.50, Hero raises $14.50, SB calls $10.50

Turn: ($40.50) J:spade: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $22, SB raises to $26.29 (All-In), Hero calls $4.29

River: ($93.08) 5:heart: (2 players, 1 all-in)

Total pot: $93.08
  • 9 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello,

Flop: I'd call down his raise and see his actions on next streets.
      Turn: Check behind for pot control.
      River: Check/Call.

Best regards,
      Rensu
    • BogdanDin7
      BogdanDin7
      Bronze
      For me after his minraise on the flop it`s wa/wb. He either has set/two pair or crap. So I would also take the line veriz suggested
    • darkonebg
      darkonebg
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hello,
      It is indeed a wa/wb situation.A fish isnt raising his draws, or not that small anyway, so he's either pretty strong or very weak.Board is not that drawy anyway, so I'd call IP and reevaluate later streets.

Best regards,
      darkonebg

[size=10]If you have any further questions about this hand,
      dont hesitate to ask them in this thread,
      and dont forget to click the "Advise the judge of taking another look " button in the reply form.[/size]
    • Balanarm
      Balanarm
      Bronze
      What WA/WB ?:D After his raise it's all-in by the river anyway, and I am not gonna fold QQ here against him, and I don't wanna see A or K, so I took this line. I just play for value here and don't care about top of his range, because I am far ahead of his all-in range with QQ.

He could easily play any pair this way(which he actually did).
    • darkonebg
      darkonebg
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Exactly! If he's playing most of his PPs this way, he's either drawing to two outs, or you are - a standart wa/wb situation.
      By 3betting flop you are actually isolating yourself vs the top of his range, and you are not ahead vs that.
    • Balanarm
      Balanarm
      Bronze
      I don't agree. I think I am ahead of his call my 3bet range. By the way he had 79, that means he would play every 8 that way and many other hands -> that means I am far ahead of his range.
    • darkonebg
      darkonebg
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Once again, you are being result oriented. The actual outcome doesnt matter. We are making argumented evaluations based on the information we have.And the fact that one player played 79 one way, doesnt mean that he will play 8x the same way,or that the majority of players with his stats will play both hands the same way. Thats why metagame is important.
    • BogdanDin7
      BogdanDin7
      Bronze
      I agree with the judge here. Don`t post hands if you wont take any advice on the hand in pots and just make your judgement based on the result.

You are actually either ahead vs a 2/4 outer or behind drawing for 2 outs so this is in fact a Wa/Wb . You have no reason to give him either a reason to fold worse so it`s a good position to call and call another bet on the river.

Sry if you don`t agree.

Good luck at the tables
    • Balanarm
      Balanarm
      Bronze
      O f course a take advice from what judge says, of course, I understand your arguments etc, but I have my own.

I am trying to view the picture from different angles you know, I wouldn't start argueing if it wasn't important for me.

I post the hands for judging on 2 different language forums on PS, and I got 2 opposite judgements, here and there, so obviously I got questions!

There, where I got opposite opinion from another judge(btw got judged by 2 judges there and they both said "easy 3bet flop, turn will bring many scarecards for you and him"), I try to represent your point of view and see what his arguments are. It makes sense when you are learning. That's how I try to make conclusions.