[NL2-NL10] NL10SH str draw

• silent21
      Known players:

0.05/0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BU with 9:club: , 8:club:
      MP2 calls $0.10, MP3 folds, CO calls $0.10, Hero raises to $0.55, 2 folds, MP2 calls $0.45, CO calls $0.45.

Flop: ($1.80) 7:heart: , 6:diamond: , 4:club: (3 players)
      MP2 bets $1.80, CO folds, Hero calls $1.80.

Turn: ($5.40) J:diamond: (2 players)
      MP2 checks,

so basicaly my questions are -
      flop - obviously i have alot of outs so i called
      turn - he checked, but i decided to check also as on the flop he made a pot bet vs 2 players so he should have something. can i justify a bet on the turn?
  • 2 replies
    • radyan111
      I think you need some more reasons to justify a flop call. Most likely you have 8 outs for your oesd, but your overcard outs are often bad cause they either complete villain's straight or give him a two pair. And sets are possible as well. I would fold it right there.
    • Fongie
      Against 2 limpers I usually just limp behind with suited connectors, because the pot becomes so large (usually, if villains are loose) that it's hard to play things like OESDs postflop. Raising is OK though

Villain donks pot into you.. I don't think you can be sure enough of your implied odds to call here (because you certainly don't get the pot odds to call for an OESD), so I would probably fold. If you decide to call however, getting a freecard on the turn is awesome since you now got to see 2 cards for the price of one ;) so you need to check behind here.