[NL2-NL10] Gerv should I of played this hand differently?

• ukwagon
      ukwagon
      Bronze
      Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      MP1:
      $12.89
      Hero:
      $4.97

0.1/0.2 No-Limit Hold'em (10 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is CO with A:diamond: , K:spade:
      3 folds, MP1 raises to $0.60, 2 folds, Hero raises to $4.97 (All-In), 3 folds, MP1 calls $4.37.

Flop: ($10.24) 8:spade: , 2:club: , Q:diamond:
      Turn: ($10.24) J:club:
      River: ($10.24) 9:spade: (1 players)

Final Pot: $10.24

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows high card ace with king kicker (Ad Ks)
      MP1 shows a pair of sevens (7d 7h)

MP1 wins with a pair of sevens (7d 7h)
  • 3 replies
    • Termi8r
      Termi8r
      Bronze
      Hi ukwagon,

You have about 25 bb so I would not push preflop. You mostly get called by better hands and you lose fold equity you might have on the flop with overcards for him. Re-raise him 3x ($1.8) and wait for the flop. If he checks on the flop you can put in a continuation bet, i.e. shove. If he bets on the flop you fold imo, because you don't have a made hand.

Good luck
      Termi8r
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Termi8r
      Hi ukwagon,

You have about 25 bb so I would not push preflop. You mostly get called by better hands and you lose fold equity you might have on the flop with overcards for him. Re-raise him 3x ($1.8) and wait for the flop. If he checks on the flop you can put in a continuation bet, i.e. shove. If he bets on the flop you fold imo, because you don't have a made hand.

Good luck
      Termi8r
      With a larger stack, the dynamics and thus the rules of SSS change. Going all-in after a raise with a 40bb+ stack is considered an overbet and only the best hands (QQ,KK,AK,AA) will call you.

Therefore I like to reraise to $1.8 and make a continuation bet when he checks to you.

Best regards,
      Gerv
    • ukwagon
      ukwagon
      Bronze
      Okay thanks for the help guys :)