[NL2-NL10] NL5 bad luck

• Tampaloeres81
      Tampaloeres81
      Bronze
      0,02/0,05 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with 7, 8
      UTG2 calls $0,05, 2 folds, Hero calls $0,05, 2 folds, SB calls $0,03, BB checks.

Flop: ($0,20) 4, 8, 7 (4 players)
      SB checks, BB bets $0,05, UTG2 calls $0,05, Hero raises to $0,40, SB folds, BB calls $0,35, UTG2 folds.

Turn: ($1,05) 3 (2 players)
      BB bets $0,05, Hero raises to $0,70, BB calls $0,29 (All-In), Hero gets uncalled bet back.

River: ($1,73) 9 (1 players)

Final Pot: $1,73
  • 1 reply
    • Faye6891
      Faye6891
      Bronze
      Hi Tampaloeres81,

Pre-Flop: I'm not going to say it's wrong to call here, but it's certainly a loose call. I have absolutely nothing against a looser playing style... well, I do play a somewhat loose style after all. :D

BUT...

This is not a spot where I'd call, you only have one limper in the pot (you'd like to play this hand in a multiway pot if you're just limping along), there are four players to act behind (and two of them would have position on you throughout the hand), you are in middle position...
      Well, a better way to play here, IMO, would be to raise, but that only if the players behind you are tight and your image is not of a LAG player... but let's face it, on NL5 you find a lot of loose players who aren't really paying atention to how loose or tight other players are playing, all in all, I just think it's not profitable to make this kind of moves on this limit.

It's better to just fold PF here.

Small advice => As I said, there's absolutely nothing wrong to play a LAG style, but it's a more dangerous (and more fun too! ;) ) style of playing, so I really recommend you to play TAG until you have more experience and a better understanding of the game.

Post-Flop: Don't really have anything to say. WP! :)