C-betting big or c-betting small?

• timukasr
      timukasr
      Bronze
      I move to new limit (NL200 FR BSS) and I see that a lot of people cbet like 90% of the pot. Their raise looks quite scary compared to my "joke" cbet to 2/3 of the pot or smthing like that. I know that WCGRider (uber FR grinder) cbets pretty big also.

What are pros and cons for c-betting so big and how should I react to these big c-bets?
  • 5 replies
    • DecMate
      DecMate
      Bronze
      I'd say it doesn't matter as long as it's 2/3+ and the same amount everytime you C-bet so people don't get a read.
      And to how to react to a big C-bet is to see if they are doing this regularly, and if they are float them in position a few times to see how they react.

But i'm a "noob" :)
    • RavForenzo
      RavForenzo
      Bronze
      i think if you are c-betting for value 2/3 its fine because it works in 2 ways, they think you are c-betting cus youve missed and dont wanna risk too much if you get re-raised, so they may be inclined to re-raise cus you haven't hit and this way you can extract more chips. Second thing is, if you haven't hit you are saving yourself money in the long run because each time you are betting 90% of the pot, if you are likely to have to put the hand down due to resistance the extra money over a big sample size is really going to add up.
    • Jaissica
      Jaissica
      Bronze
      You cbet what you would bet if you had hit whatever it is you are trying to represent.

So, if you hold AQo and raised preflop and the flop is K rag rag, you bet as though you held AK. If you held AK and the flop is Q rag rag, you bet as if you held AQ.

If the flop is triple rag and you choose to cbet, bet as though you hold a premium pp (JJ+).

Any variation in your cbetting vs your regular protection / value betting can and will be picked up on then exploited by observant players. Instead you should vary your bets to what you would bet on that flop. EG, flop is again K 7 2 rainbow and you hold AQo. You can cbet half pot because its a dry flop. Change that flop to K :heart: 7 :club: 8 :club: - now you must cbet at least 2/3 to full pot as you are representing TPTK protecting vs a flush / str draw.
    • TribunCaesar
      TribunCaesar
      Bronze
      depends on opponent, board structure, image and history. In general: You will very often cbet with air, therefore it's often bluff - the less money you need to invest to make the opponent fold the better it is. Against tags I am cbetting 2/3. Against fish I am betting unbalanced.

Best regards,
      TribunCaesar
    • PidKoker
      PidKoker
      Global
      Originally posted by timukasr
      I move to new limit (NL200 FR BSS) and I see that a lot of people cbet like 90% of the pot. Their raise looks quite scary compared to my "joke" cbet to 2/3 of the pot or smthing like that. I know that WCGRider (uber FR grinder) cbets pretty big also.

What are pros and cons for c-betting so big and how should I react to these big c-bets?
      this WCGRider guy has a bottem line of about -$25000 hes winning at about -2/100 over 100k hands (but this is mixed over (9/6/2 max games)