Like COME ON

• Ronnie47
      Ronnie47
      Bronze
      Topic title would sound like i'm having problems with getting the starting capital but it isn't.
      So I got my starting capital this week started playing. At 1st I was up to 68$ thanks mainly to a pot won on the river. Then I started falling. Way down! I'm usually playing 4 to 8 tables since I can't be arsed to win only 30-40 cents pots once every 10-15 minutes by playing 1 table. Problem is not really playing a lot of tables but getting sucked in different kinds of pots that look ok for me but turn horrible on the river or turn. Last night I was down to 25$ and said "wtf, let me get a big pot @ .10/.25" so I folded 20 hands until I got the Kings and ended up winning 44$ and getting back on track. Now I'm down under 35 again. I'm pretty much sticking to the chart, I rarely play A10s or K10s if I have a good position but I either end up losing more than I win thru the blinds or lose what I won in a previous round by betting AK and getting **** on the river.
      I am also starting to doubt FTP. Played Pokerstars for a while and to be honest I never got that ****ed up. If this continues I'm thinking of withdrawing the little money I have left on FTP and move onto some programme that would actually be worth in the long run.

And now to the questions:
      Should I lower the limit and maintain the number of tables (6-8 tables of .02 .05) or should I maintain the limit (.05 .10) and lower the number of tables?
      Lets say I go by the charts(as I do now), I play 1-2 tables at a time, what would be my average weakly profit?

I'm not really looking for easy money and I have to admit its hard playing low limit and trying to survive while actually winning something. My initial plans were to make at least 10$ a day but now I see the need to calm myself down.
  • 3 replies
    • Smileyphil
      Smileyphil
      Bronze
      Few points:
      - Don't think in terms of weekly profit or daily profit. If you are going to discuss profit you need to be thinking in terms of the amount of hands played.

- Do not link your bankroll management to the amount of tables you play. You either have enough money and feel confident playing NL10 or you don't and should move to NL5.

- If you are playing basic SSS then never play ATs or KTs. It will only cause extra trouble.

- If you are getting sucked out on the turn or river post the hand, check you played it correctly and hope you survive the downswing.

It can be discouraging to play for a small amount of money but if you start playing for more than your BRM allows you will eventually get sucked out on and then you'll feel even worse!
    • Ronnie47
      Ronnie47
      Bronze
      Well if I had been playing basic SSS, I would end up losing more money than I would be winning. When I get a good card and do the standard SSS bet, no one calls. If they bet, they get a flush draw on the flop and suck me out in the end. I'm gonna continue playing 4 tables at a time since I can't play one single table at these stakes yet I'm still open for advice.
    • kingdippy2008
      kingdippy2008
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Ronnie47
      Well if I had been playing basic SSS, I would end up losing more money than I would be winning. When I get a good card and do the standard SSS bet, no one calls. If they bet, they get a flush draw on the flop and suck me out in the end. I'm gonna continue playing 4 tables at a time since I can't play one single table at these stakes yet I'm still open for advice.
      STICK TO BRM!

Dont add in hands that arent in the starting hand chart. Not every time someone has a flush draw it completes. Actually only 33% of the time. So it is likely that in the world of variance that this could happen 3,4 even 5 times in a row. Just stick to the strategy (100%), post hands in the sample hands forum and work on your game.
      And you shouldnt look for weekly winrate, you should look at winrate compared to how many hands you have played i.e. BB/100. For SSS the average should be 0.5-3bb/100 hands.

Good Luck :)

-Jack