1 Year of Poker! My success!

• bakoy
      bakoy
      Bronze
      Hi all, I joined just over a year ago, lost my bankroll a couple of times (TAF included) playing $1 and $2 sit n go`s, until a few months into my poker journey I discovered the MTT`s!!! And now, after nearly a year of playing mostly MTT`s $1-$10 buy in, rebuy & freezeout, I have decided to post my successes!!!

For informations, I study and work during the week, so this is what I managed to make by playing weekends (although, to be fair, I play about 10h a day, saturday and sunday), and my usual per-day spendage on buyins is $70-$100, usually I manage to break even, or lose a bit, and sometimes I`m down $100, other times I`m up $200. All in all, I`ve had a lot of success and profits playing MTT`s, never went broke after I discovered them, and now am sitting comfortably on a $340 bankroll, after some withdrawals and heavy downswings.
      Although I do have a Sharkscope-approved $400 loss from Sit n Go`s!!! =/

These are my major wins (1st place or over $100) from MTT`s:

Total is $1999

What do you guys think? Is this super super good, to be expected, or below average?

Cheers
  • 7 replies
    • gladiatoranaki999
      gladiatoranaki999
      Bronze
      thats amazing
      well done

but what r mmt?

:D
    • timukasr
      timukasr
      Bronze
      Cool, you remind me in my early days. I used to go busto quite often and came back winning SNG worth my whole bankroll. Gl!
    • Berzerger
      Berzerger
      Bronze
      Very nice. But why withdraw when you can save up and move to higher limits? $5 tourneys aren't any harder to beat, and you'll ultimately maximize your profits. Anyway, congrats with your winnings, hope they went to good use.

Originally posted by gladiatoranaki999
      but what r mmt?

:D
      You're joking, right?
    • bakoy
      bakoy
      Bronze
      Well, last time I made a withdrawal, it was $125 after I had reached $600. Then I had a super downswing and went down to $200, back to $300 now.

I mostly take money out so that:
      1) I can buy nice things for me (bought a nice watch, guitar hero band kit, etc)
      2) If I ever do go bust, then at least I'd have made some money off poker, it won't be "oh, I had $900 in my account, then 1 month later I have only $10, I could've made so much money from poker!"

But yes, my main goal is to slowly move up the MTT limits, making a small withdrawal here and there, just to make sure I am "profiting" from all these hours I spend on poker.
    • DjAdolfMixer
      DjAdolfMixer
      Bronze
      Originally posted by bakoy
      Well, last time I made a withdrawal, it was $125 after I had reached $600. Then I had a super downswing and went down to $200, back to $300 now.

I mostly take money out so that:
      1) I can buy nice things for me (bought a nice watch, guitar hero band kit, etc)
      2) If I ever do go bust, then at least I'd have made some money off poker, it won't be "oh, I had $900 in my account, then 1 month later I have only $10, I could've made so much money from poker!"

But yes, my main goal is to slowly move up the MTT limits, making a small withdrawal here and there, just to make sure I am "profiting" from all these hours I spend on poker.
      Cashed out about 8 times this year.

With my winnings i picked up a xbox360 & renew my gym membership
    • bakoy
      bakoy
      Bronze
      Fantastic comeback!!! Now my BR has multiplied by 10!!!

w00t

Back in the game, yeah!
    • DeathByHobo
      DeathByHobo
      Bronze
      DUDE, that was a niiiiiiiice win =]