This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

1 Year of Poker! My success!

• bakoy
      bakoy
      Bronze
      Hi all, I joined just over a year ago, lost my bankroll a couple of times (TAF included) playing $1 and $2 sit n go`s, until a few months into my poker journey I discovered the MTT`s!!! And now, after nearly a year of playing mostly MTT`s $1-$10 buy in, rebuy & freezeout, I have decided to post my successes!!!

For informations, I study and work during the week, so this is what I managed to make by playing weekends (although, to be fair, I play about 10h a day, saturday and sunday), and my usual per-day spendage on buyins is $70-$100, usually I manage to break even, or lose a bit, and sometimes I`m down $100, other times I`m up $200. All in all, I`ve had a lot of success and profits playing MTT`s, never went broke after I discovered them, and now am sitting comfortably on a $340 bankroll, after some withdrawals and heavy downswings.
      Although I do have a Sharkscope-approved $400 loss from Sit n Go`s!!! =/

These are my major wins (1st place or over $100) from MTT`s:

Total is $1999

What do you guys think? Is this super super good, to be expected, or below average?

Cheers
  • 7 replies
    • gladiatoranaki999
      gladiatoranaki999
      Bronze
      thats amazing
      well done

but what r mmt?

:D
    • timukasr
      timukasr
      Bronze
      Cool, you remind me in my early days. I used to go busto quite often and came back winning SNG worth my whole bankroll. Gl!
    • Berzerger
      Berzerger
      Bronze
      Very nice. But why withdraw when you can save up and move to higher limits? $5 tourneys aren't any harder to beat, and you'll ultimately maximize your profits. Anyway, congrats with your winnings, hope they went to good use.

Originally posted by gladiatoranaki999
      but what r mmt?

:D
      You're joking, right?
    • bakoy
      bakoy
      Bronze
      Well, last time I made a withdrawal, it was $125 after I had reached $600. Then I had a super downswing and went down to $200, back to $300 now.

I mostly take money out so that:
      1) I can buy nice things for me (bought a nice watch, guitar hero band kit, etc)
      2) If I ever do go bust, then at least I'd have made some money off poker, it won't be "oh, I had $900 in my account, then 1 month later I have only $10, I could've made so much money from poker!"

But yes, my main goal is to slowly move up the MTT limits, making a small withdrawal here and there, just to make sure I am "profiting" from all these hours I spend on poker.
    • DjAdolfMixer
      DjAdolfMixer
      Bronze
      Originally posted by bakoy
      Well, last time I made a withdrawal, it was $125 after I had reached $600. Then I had a super downswing and went down to $200, back to $300 now.

I mostly take money out so that:
      1) I can buy nice things for me (bought a nice watch, guitar hero band kit, etc)
      2) If I ever do go bust, then at least I'd have made some money off poker, it won't be "oh, I had $900 in my account, then 1 month later I have only $10, I could've made so much money from poker!"

But yes, my main goal is to slowly move up the MTT limits, making a small withdrawal here and there, just to make sure I am "profiting" from all these hours I spend on poker.
      Cashed out about 8 times this year.

With my winnings i picked up a xbox360 & renew my gym membership
    • bakoy
      bakoy
      Bronze
      Fantastic comeback!!! Now my BR has multiplied by 10!!!

w00t

Back in the game, yeah!
    • DeathByHobo
      DeathByHobo
      Bronze
      DUDE, that was a niiiiiiiice win =]