What limits should i play if i deposit £10?

• DecMate
      DecMate
      Bronze
      I've done it a couple of times and worked it up to 30 before but i suck at proper BRM.
      What limits do you guys think i should play? NL0.2/0.4 or NL0.5 0.10? I'm playing at poker heaven if that makes any diffrence.
  • 8 replies
    • RavForenzo
      RavForenzo
      Bronze
      if you can afford to deposit a tiny bit more, maybe £30-40 to get it up to $50+ starting then I'd seriously recommend that. Otherwise you have one hell of a grind ahead of you and not much in the way of a cushion for BR, so no margin for error. I find that you can deposit small amounts and wittle it away very quickly and use up a lot of time and money and effort for no reward, where as you are far far better depositing abit more to give yourself that stability.

If you can afford £10, im sure you can afford £30...it'll work out so much better in the long run. That's my advice.
    • Schnitzelfisch
      Schnitzelfisch
      Bronze
      hello!

If you want proper BRM, go to pokerstars and play 0.10$ 360 man SNGs (easy to build up BR). Or you could try 0.02$/0.04$ FL. Other than that, we can't really talk about BRM :( . NL2BSS and NL10 SSS both need a 60$ BR to begin with . So if you want to play NL, I recommend you to deposit more, or you can try to gamble by playing the lowest possible limit... But if you do that, be ready for a lot of grinding until you reach the next limit :| .
    • DecMate
      DecMate
      Bronze
      Yeah i know, but i get £30 a week and i have a girlfriend and go to college, PLUS it's now easter holidays.
      so that's why i can only depos 10!
      and i don't mind to grind, as long as i build a BR in the end i coulden't care less.
      thanks for the reply's guys :)
    • TribunCaesar
      TribunCaesar
      Bronze
      I would play as low as possible with 10 pounds. Stick to a conservative BRM.

Best regards,
      TribunCaesar
    • DecMate
      DecMate
      Bronze
      Yeah worked it to £20 since yesertday, so not doing to bad.
      now multi-tabling the lowest limit still, trying to work it up to £50.
    • Schnitzelfisch
      Schnitzelfisch
      Bronze
      nice :) . good luck with your capital, make a blog or something too, it'll help you improve your game if you have time for it :) .
    • Mstlc
      Mstlc
      Bronze
      Originally posted by PrimziIf you want proper BRM, go to pokerstars and play 0.10$ 360 man SNGs (easy to build up BR).
      This is a pretty good way to grind yourself up indeed. Well, good, it's incredibly slow of course.

If you want to deposit no more then £10 I would definitely recommend reading up on the basic and bronze SnG strategy articles & start playing a combination of $0.10 360man SnG's and $0.25 45man SnG's. It's pretty easy to cash in those and you should be able to quad-table those without too much problem as play usually isn't that fast.

Besides the 10cent SnG's are pretty much a guaranteed hour of fun if you manage to reach the money... well I find it amusing to see what kind of cards some people play at those tables at least :)
    • Schnitzelfisch
      Schnitzelfisch
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Mstlc
      Originally posted by PrimziIf you want proper BRM, go to pokerstars and play 0.10$ 360 man SNGs (easy to build up BR).
      This is a pretty good way to grind yourself up indeed. Well, good, it's incredibly slow of course.

If you want to deposit no more then £10 I would definitely recommend reading up on the basic and bronze SnG strategy articles & start playing a combination of $0.10 360man SnG's and $0.25 45man SnG's. It's pretty easy to cash in those and you should be able to quad-table those without too much problem as play usually isn't that fast.

Besides the 10cent SnG's are pretty much a guaranteed hour of fun if you manage to reach the money... well I find it amusing to see what kind of cards some people play at those tables at least :)
      0.10$ ones are played by open pushing AQ+ JJ+ (you usually get called by like 3+ people), that pretty much gets you ITM so you can play your A-game until the end of the tourney. As for quad tabling, make it 20 tabling :P . It's pretty much ABC poker...