This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

What limits should i play if i deposit £10?

• DecMate
      DecMate
      Gold
      I've done it a couple of times and worked it up to 30 before but i suck at proper BRM.
      What limits do you guys think i should play? NL0.2/0.4 or NL0.5 0.10? I'm playing at poker heaven if that makes any diffrence.
  • 8 replies
    • RavForenzo
      RavForenzo
      Bronze
      if you can afford to deposit a tiny bit more, maybe £30-40 to get it up to $50+ starting then I'd seriously recommend that. Otherwise you have one hell of a grind ahead of you and not much in the way of a cushion for BR, so no margin for error. I find that you can deposit small amounts and wittle it away very quickly and use up a lot of time and money and effort for no reward, where as you are far far better depositing abit more to give yourself that stability.

If you can afford £10, im sure you can afford £30...it'll work out so much better in the long run. That's my advice.
    • Schnitzelfisch
      Schnitzelfisch
      Bronze
      hello!

If you want proper BRM, go to pokerstars and play 0.10$ 360 man SNGs (easy to build up BR). Or you could try 0.02$/0.04$ FL. Other than that, we can't really talk about BRM :( . NL2BSS and NL10 SSS both need a 60$ BR to begin with . So if you want to play NL, I recommend you to deposit more, or you can try to gamble by playing the lowest possible limit... But if you do that, be ready for a lot of grinding until you reach the next limit :| .
    • DecMate
      DecMate
      Gold
      Yeah i know, but i get £30 a week and i have a girlfriend and go to college, PLUS it's now easter holidays.
      so that's why i can only depos 10!
      and i don't mind to grind, as long as i build a BR in the end i coulden't care less.
      thanks for the reply's guys :)
    • TribunCaesar
      TribunCaesar
      Bronze
      I would play as low as possible with 10 pounds. Stick to a conservative BRM.

Best regards,
      TribunCaesar
    • DecMate
      DecMate
      Gold
      Yeah worked it to £20 since yesertday, so not doing to bad.
      now multi-tabling the lowest limit still, trying to work it up to £50.
    • Schnitzelfisch
      Schnitzelfisch
      Bronze
      nice :) . good luck with your capital, make a blog or something too, it'll help you improve your game if you have time for it :) .
    • Mstlc
      Mstlc
      Bronze
      Originally posted by PrimziIf you want proper BRM, go to pokerstars and play 0.10$ 360 man SNGs (easy to build up BR).
      This is a pretty good way to grind yourself up indeed. Well, good, it's incredibly slow of course.

If you want to deposit no more then £10 I would definitely recommend reading up on the basic and bronze SnG strategy articles & start playing a combination of $0.10 360man SnG's and $0.25 45man SnG's. It's pretty easy to cash in those and you should be able to quad-table those without too much problem as play usually isn't that fast.

Besides the 10cent SnG's are pretty much a guaranteed hour of fun if you manage to reach the money... well I find it amusing to see what kind of cards some people play at those tables at least :)
    • Schnitzelfisch
      Schnitzelfisch
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Mstlc
      Originally posted by PrimziIf you want proper BRM, go to pokerstars and play 0.10$ 360 man SNGs (easy to build up BR).
      This is a pretty good way to grind yourself up indeed. Well, good, it's incredibly slow of course.

If you want to deposit no more then £10 I would definitely recommend reading up on the basic and bronze SnG strategy articles & start playing a combination of $0.10 360man SnG's and $0.25 45man SnG's. It's pretty easy to cash in those and you should be able to quad-table those without too much problem as play usually isn't that fast.

Besides the 10cent SnG's are pretty much a guaranteed hour of fun if you manage to reach the money... well I find it amusing to see what kind of cards some people play at those tables at least :)
      0.10$ ones are played by open pushing AQ+ JJ+ (you usually get called by like 3+ people), that pretty much gets you ITM so you can play your A-game until the end of the tourney. As for quad tabling, make it 20 tabling :P . It's pretty much ABC poker...