Lost $20ish and still dropping, where is a problem ?

• Gaj
      Gaj
      Bronze
      Hi!

Few days ago got the starting capital, right now almost half of it already gone, quite quickly, its just going down rapidly.. I dont know what im doing wrong or what should i do to avoid downswing and start climbing up the limits.. Playing FL 0.05/0.10 which is the minimum on FullTilt. Im constantly checking the pre-flop chart what to play.. I must say that i have problems with tracking "actions of positions" because i simply ran out of time before knowing should i play or not and in which position im seating.. Ive made some shoots with stats and how well ... not is doing my bankroll..

Thank you for all opinions and advices!

• 10 replies
    • yaxkukmian
      yaxkukmian
      Bronze
      Play one or two table the most. At least until you don't memorize the charts.

Fulltilt is not a good site to start...no super micro limits where you could play in the comfort zone.

Play tighter and be patient. Reread the articles. Everyone had some problems in the beginning and everyone said "I play by the chart but it's not working". It is working, believe me. You should play only hands that are written there - no improvisation.

Good luck!
    • Jonaton
      Jonaton
      Bronze
      Well a couple things, Full tilt has .01/.02 and .02/.05 now so there is no reason you can't move down to those limits.

Also looking at your graph the fact your VPIP is 53% and you play about 58% of your hands is completely insane and there is no way you are following the starting hand chart. This would be a good time to take the day off from poker and go back ad re-read all the articles.
    • Gaj
      Gaj
      Bronze
      Thanks for your replay guys!

Ive checked again and fulltilt has 0.01/0.02 only in NL or PL but in FL 0.05/0.10 is min..

Ill re-read the whole article again and start playing again from beginning without any exceptions, strictly by the starting chart!

Ive also found out the if you have good preflop cards and on flop you have trash its impossible to bluff, coz someone will have something, happened each and every time!
    • malook
      malook
      Bronze
      Gaj

Page 1 of the After the flop article in basic strategy states:-

This may sound very straightforward, but many players lose the most money during this phase. With strong hands they try to trick their opponents instead of filling up the pot. With weak hands, they stay in the hand too long, hoping to hit a lucky card. They also bluff too frequently. When playing on the low limits, it is very difficult to bluff, since the opposition will often call with weak hands.

For me I have found it better to stick to playing real hands, and only semi bluffing, with the prospect of at least getting a hand to play. I expected to lose something early on as I get to grips with everything. I play SnG but I think the process should be the same. Learn the charts, it will start to click into place after a while through playing and studying. Then move onto the next aspect of the game. Learn in stages, expect to lose something early on. But keep playing solid and keep reading as much as you can. Go back and re-read the articles, I have found it best to keep reading untill you can fully explain the concepts without checking, only then have you got that stage mastered.

Its a grind at first, but as evidenced by myself watching some coaching last night on FL, once you get things down you start to play well, you will see it working out. Maybe the coach had a good night last night, but you could see he was going into every showdown having maximised his postion, be it winning or losing, and if that is how you are, then long term you will win.

malook
    • SoyCD
      SoyCD
      Bronze
      Hello Gaj,

As already mentioned here you are playing way too many hands. You limp 50% of your hands and raise 10% - that means if you are playing full ring you are currently investing money with around 35% too many hands. No matter how good you are post-flop its pretty much impossible to play profitably with these kind of stats.

Re-read the articles and stick to the strategies advised there. You really need to tighten up pre-flop.

Best regards
      SoyCD
    • Gaj
      Gaj
      Bronze
      Hi, just played few hands, still loosing but obviously much less then before, ive tighten up the play, trying to play by starting hand chart, ive might made some mistakes, folding something i shouldnt or raised smtng ive should just called, but very rarely.. So ive played round 60 hands and "only" lost $1 ish, i know i could be batter, but i see some progress here, i can tell.. Whatcha think, here is a quick snap at stats!

See ya

• SoyCD
      SoyCD
      Bronze
      Hey Gaj,

Its pretty much impossible to judge stats when their samplesize is under 300-500 hands. For a decent evaluation you even need several thousand. Since your session is only 65 hands its impossible to say much since you could have had a good run of cards, bad runs of cards, etc.

Try playing a few more hands before posting the stats. It would be much more interesting to see individual hands that you have played (where you think you made a mistake). Then people can tell you how you could have played those hands better.

Best regards
      SoyCD
    • andyb43
      andyb43
      Bronze
      You playin way to many hands...............tighten up..........a lot!
    • rullarunt
      rullarunt
      Bronze
      I also want to advice not following the strat by the letter.
      I followed the strat by letter until now even though I knew it was bad.

These days most players know what a cbet is and they ain't scared of a cbet especially from a short stack.
      So don't make any cbets unless you actually have hit.
    • Jonaton
      Jonaton
      Bronze
      Originally posted by rullarunt
      I also want to advice not following the strat by the letter.
      I followed the strat by letter until now even though I knew it was bad.

These days most players know what a cbet is and they ain't scared of a cbet especially from a short stack.
      So don't make any cbets unless you actually have hit.
      Wrong, do not listen to this advice. Follow the strategy and you'll do fine.