1.PokerStars - Easily the best site around for sngs
      2.PartyPoker - My favourite site for tournaments
      3.Mansion - only positive i can think of is the reward system
      4.888 - One weekend was enough for me
  • 27 replies
    • PidKoker
      PidKoker
      Global
      Full Tilt Poker is my regular site I really love it for everything MTT, SnG, Cash
      Mansion I don't like the iPoker network
      Pokerstars nice site as well lots of traffic and bad players
      Party Poker I also enjoy this site but the traffic isnt the greatest
    • Ejeckt
      Ejeckt
      Bronze
      PokerStars - awesome tournaments
      iPoker (Titan) - soft competition
      SilverSands Poker - Horrible players, easy wins, extreme variance, not alot of high stakes, SnG blind levels increase every X hands
      3 Piggs Poker - Horrible players, easy wins, extreme variance, not alot of stakes, SnG blind levels increase every X hands

Most of you won't know those last two. Currently they are the most prominent (And probably only) online poker rooms available to South Africans in local currency and local banking options. What I find is that a $10 (R100 about) SnG is quite rare and considered one of the higher stakes :P

Well those are my platforms. I'm hoping to try out either Party, Full Tilt or BWin once I make enough of a BR to take advantage of the full first deposit bonus :P
    • p0kerQT
      p0kerQT
      Bronze
      1. Pokerstars, great software, great traffic, loads of fish (what more could you ask for)
      2. Fulltilt, good software, great traffic, and fishy but better players than stars.
      3. Mansion, don't like the software, no good traffic.
      4. Absolute Poker, do I really need to explain why they're last on my list :rolleyes:
    • Berzerger
      Berzerger
      Bronze
      In chronological sequence:

1) Titan: fishy, pretty blue interface, nice support. The loyalty program used to suck, but it's been adjusted.

2) Full Tilt: microlimit rake ripoff, but plenty of people to play against, good promotions and rakeback.

3) Everest: few tables, but weak players.

4) Mansion: same as Titan, only green.

5) Cake: plenty of fish, but table quantity varies with time of day. Wrong place for SnG players.

6) Absolute: bad players, but what did you expect? The site's not too bad, I just don't trust it. Plus it's not tracked by PS.

The only platform I'd stay on is probably Full Tilt, the rest are mediocre. But I heard a lot of good things about Stars, guess I'm moving there next.
    • Jonaton
      Jonaton
      Bronze
      Pokerstars
      Full Tilt
      Absolute
      Mansion
      UB
      Cake
      Party
      Carbon

Titan

CDPoker
    • redskwerl
      redskwerl
      Black
      stars
      full tilt
      party
      ipoker sites where they respond to your emails
      the rest
    • Schnitzelfisch
      Schnitzelfisch
      Bronze
      Pokerstars

Full tilt poker

Titan poker

Mansion poker
    • StusMagic
      StusMagic
      Bronze
      1.Stars(most ppl and best software and support)
      2.FTP(good software lots of ppl also and also good support)
      3.Bwin(havent played here for long)
      4.Mansion(worst support iv ever seen)
    • elrio
      elrio
      Bronze
      1) Pokerstars
      2) Full tilt poker
      3) Partypoker

1.000.000) Titan poker
    • kingdippy2008
      kingdippy2008
      Bronze
      Stars (best support, can get responses in 1 hour at times)
      Party (Just like it tbh)
      FTP (would be higher if they didnt call me a bot)

iPoker (worst support, worst software.... what more can i say?)
    • gaz639
      gaz639
      Bronze
      1) pokerstars - great support, got email back in 7 minutes once, lots of players great for sng's, love the sng promo 2, but not tracked
      2)Partypoker - great promos and points system but not tracked, hate the support
      3) mansion - good support i find and good reward system, tracked :)
      4)full tilt - below mansion because i am banned otherwise would be 3
      5)interpoker - Takes ages to recieve pay out from tournament and i dont like the tables, rubbish promo's now
      6) titan - although on i poker not as good as mansion, used to like it but since i tried mansion i never looked back
      7)Cake poker - Hate the tables, hate the traffic, hate the table set up, hate cake
    • chuongdk
      chuongdk
      Bronze
      Full tilt, I luv rakeback, traffic too high, micro table, easy to join SnG
      party poker, fee of SnG is too high, but I love SnG double or nothing
      titan
      cdpoker

I hate iPoker
    • pojus
      pojus
      Bronze
      Stars - The best i have ever played i want to back where, but there is no abilities:)
      Party - good, but players are pretty good too, less fishes:)
      Titan - We cant compare it with other two. i dont like stuff, trafic. Support is good.
    • alejandrosh
      alejandrosh
      Bronze
      1) Stars:
      - high traffic at any hour of the day, even at 3 am you can get going 180 man sit&go's and stuff
      - crowded tourneys, more than 1k people per tourney is quite possible.
      - lots of games. stud8,stud,razz,lowball,5card draw
      - support is great
      - clear rules in the prohibited software
      - a store that sends useless crap (which I love btw) to more countries.

2) Full tilt.
      - rakeback
      - decent traffic, decent game selection, decent support, but stars is far better

3) Mansion:
      - Freezes all the time
      - Mansion points are worthless
      - Slow
      - Not a great traffic even at peak hours
      - At certain hourss , say 8-9pm I couldn't play because there was no people
      - MTTs are a joke, multi table sit&go's at stars have more people :rolleyes:

4) CD poker
      - makes me want to puke just to remember it , probably the ugliest poker site I've ever played
      - it's from ipoker !!!!!
    • SheepMoose
      SheepMoose
      Bronze
      Pokerstars. Best software, loads of tables and games. Lots of money, minimum rake too, I'm pretty sure they cap their rake at $3 or so.

Partypoker. Good software and promotions. Used to like the older table layouts better though.

888.com - Absolutely shit. No offense to them, but they're rake is high, software sucks, etc.. I regret ever signing up there.

Fulltilt. I don't like it, it's sore on the eyes when playing for a while.
    • ChoChikun
      ChoChikun
      Bronze
      I dont know why everyone thinks PokerStars have best software. For me it is so bad I cant play on it.
    • SheepMoose
      SheepMoose
      Bronze
      Originally posted by ChoChikun
      I dont know why everyone thinks PokerStars have best software. For me it is so bad I cant play on it.
      http://www.thefreedictionary.com/opinion
    • mishkagg
      mishkagg
      Bronze
      I've played on Full tilt and PokerStars. From 10 to 1 (lowest), Full tilt gets my 7 (I didn't like the software) and PS gets 10 for support and design of the gui and the tables. Also Full tilt is tougher to play on.
    • Waiboy
      Waiboy
      Bronze
      1. Titan/Mansion. Tracked by PS.com therefore I :heart: them. But rigged ofc.

2. Betfair/Cake/Ladbrokes/BWIN/some others. I've never played at these sites but I can get tracked by them so therefore, at some point, I will :heart: them. I have no firm convictions yet, but I suspect they may be rigged.

3. Full Tilt / Party Poker. Will not retrack my PS.com account and are therefore evil. :evil: Definitely rigged.

4. Pokerstars. Also will not retrack my PS.com account (therefore evil) :evil: . Definitely rigged. Has Daniel Negreanu looking at me everytime I log in as if to mock me for not being tracked and for playing at his rigged site. Has a game like Badugi... if that doesn't scream rigged, nothing does.

5. Absolute/Ultimate Bet. Not only definitely rigged, definitively rigged. But I'd probably play there if I had no other options, because at least they're honest about their dishonesty (eventually).

And I'd just like to add a personal goodbye to BugsyClub which recently bought the ultimate and closed down.. it was my first.