4k MCP in 1 week

• Berzerger
      Berzerger
      Bronze
      When I received my second starting capital on Mansion, I've deposited additional $50 for promotions (tokens+PS freeroll). The $100 bonus dollars came with the 2nd bankroll, and the $50 I deposited gave me another $100 (200% of first deposit) bonus. Normally, the bonus should be cleared in 2 months, but that'd be a lot for a $100 bankroll. Mansion support told me that my first deposit bonus would be re-credited at the end of its period for another 2 months. But I totally forgot that this wasn't the case for the 2nd bankroll bonus, which I just found out expires in like 8 days. In order to clear what's left of it I have to generate over 4000 MCP before the time runs out.

Being the greedy bonus whore that I am, I hate to waste opportunities and miss out on money, so I want to clear that bonus before the end of the week at all cost. Since Mansion is in fact my 2nd bankroll, I only managed to get my roll up to $300 since February. But I've got myself well established on NL20, so I think I'll take a shot at NL20 FR tables to get this done. By the time I'm done I'll have the proper roll for that limit anyway, and I'm positive I can handle it.

To get to 4k MCP it'll take 500 MCP per day on average. I play 9 tables, and I get 35MCP per 100 hands. 1k hands a day means 350 MCP, so about 1.5k hands a day will do the trick. That's only 160 hands per table! Should work fine imo.

So why am I posting this? To morally oblige myself to post the progress out of fear of public humiliation if I don't. Or maybe just attention deficiency :D No seriously, this is just for myself to keep track of my daily results. But feel free to comment...
  • 12 replies
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      4k MCPs is for NL50 FR just 4k hands

With proper table selection , that's do-able ;)

- Gerv
    • CoreySteel
      CoreySteel
      Bronze
      Tomorrow (Monday) there are happy hours at Mansion and I think they count towards the bonus too. Not 100% sure, but it doesn't hurt to try...
    • Redcar100
      Redcar100
      Bronze
      the happy hours do count towards all bonuses and monthly boosts
    • ukcoolcat
      ukcoolcat
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Redcar100
      the happy hours do count towards all bonuses and monthly boosts
      that's good news, when did it change then, as points earned during 'happy hours' never used to count,
    • Berzerger
      Berzerger
      Bronze
      Progress update.

When I made this thread yesterday, I started a session right away. Played 1k2 hands, unlocked $10 and kept playing. Total profit made yesterday: $31.49, had some ups and downs, but it all turned out alright. Most notable hand of the session:

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $36,54
      MP3:
      $16,25

0,1/0,2 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is UTG2 with A:spade: , A:diamond:
      UTG1 folds, Hero raises to $0,80, 2 folds, MP3 raises to $2,70, 4 folds, Hero raises to $6,00, MP3 raises to $16,25 (All-In), Hero calls $10,25.

Flop: ($32,80) J:diamond: , A:club: , T:heart:
      Turn: ($32,80) A:heart:
      River: ($32,80) T:diamond: (1 players)

Final Pot: $32,80

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows four of a kind, aces (As Ad)
      MP3 shows a full-house, jacks full of aces (Js Jh)

Hero wins with four of a kind, aces (As Ad)

Took some more money off this guy, but by then it was past 00:00, so technically that was today. Total profit made last night is about 55$ including $10 of bonus I unlocked. Here's a screenshot of remaining bonus points:

Cleared almost exactly 400 last night (started with 4120). Starting another session when happy hour begins :)
    • Berzerger
      Berzerger
      Bronze
      Had 2 sessions. A 2 hour one during happy hour, and one that started past midnight and just finished. I played about 45 minutes on Cake in between, made $15 profit there. Total profit since my last post, well... compare the screenshot:

Today's most fun hand follows. Really made me smile.

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      UTG1:
      $25,42
      MP1:
      $20,60
      Hero:
      $30,90

0,1/0,2 No-Limit Hold'em (10 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BU with 6:club: , 6:spade:
      UTG folds, UTG1 calls $0,20, UTG2 folds, MP1 raises to $0,80, 3 folds, Hero calls $0,80, 2 folds, UTG1 calls $0,60.

Flop: ($2,70) 9:heart: , 6:diamond: , J:diamond: (3 players)
      UTG1 checks, MP1 bets $2,70, Hero raises to $7,80, UTG1 folds, MP1 raises to $19,80 (All-In), Hero calls $12,00.

Turn: ($42,30) 3:diamond:
      River: ($42,30) 4:spade: (1 players)

Final Pot: $42,30

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows three of a kind, sixes (6c 6s)
      MP1 shows a pair of jacks (Ac Js)

Hero wins with three of a kind, sixes (6c 6s)

Going forward nicely. Will go for another session tomorrow after I've gotten some sleep. Well... today, technically :D
    • Jonaton
      Jonaton
      Bronze
      I signed up the first couple days that the second capital was given out, before Mansion said they would extend the bonuses. I figured I may as well take a shot getting it extended anyway and surprisingly they said it would be extended 4 more months within the next 24 hours. We'll have to wait and see.
    • viewer88
      viewer88
      Bronze
      I got around 1K /session ( ~1.5-2 hours) , playing 20-30$ sng 's. should be doable.
    • Berzerger
      Berzerger
      Bronze
      Played over 800 hands today. It started off well, up $45, until like 4 bad beats/coolers hit. A guy with ATs vs. my AJs goes all-in on the turn and gets his flush on the river. Then some nit min-raises my queens with AA, bets half a pot on every street. I know he probably has AA or KK, but can't bring myself to fold. Then some dimwit calls my pre-flop raise with 83s. I had KK. He was mid-stacked and didn't even get the 7.5:1 odds to call for set value, but flop had to come 33J. Bet, raise, all-in, call, and just to rub it in he got his backdoor flush as well...

Granted, I lost much money due to my own mistakes, which I'm still seeking to eliminate from my game, but it hurts the most when you played correctly and still lost... Ended the session just now, need some relaxation before I continue. I'm still up $24 for today, but coming down from $45 makes me feel like I played an hour to lose half of my winnings rather than make more money.

Will post remaining points after next session.
    • dadude77
      dadude77
      Bronze
      I cleared it 15 tabling NL20 in prob around 10-11k hands. Shouldn't be a problem if you put in a bit of effort :) Good luck to you!!
    • Berzerger
      Berzerger
      Bronze
      Didn't get to play yesterday like I was going to, but today I'm on the final stretch. Didn't get my winnings in Elephant since I only played SnG's today, but raked up some points nicely. Screenshot follows:

Going in for the final stretch after the weekend: I get double points on monday, I believe, and the weekend (including today) is reserved for Cake and double strategy points.
    • Berzerger
      Berzerger
      Bronze
      Well, it's been a long weekend of double points at Cake, but today I finally finished my session having played almost 2k hands and made almost $80 profit. The bonus is cleared, now the original 2nd capital bonus remains, but it'll be extended so no need to rush for that one. Overall I've found players on Mansion either too nitty or too fishy. The amount of good, well-balanced players on NL20 is just so low that it's even possible to make a living on that limit. Here's the eventual screenshots which I've made with all too much delight:

That Easter double points promotion really helped me speed the process up. I'm dead tired, pulled an all-nighter again, if it wasn't for that I'd still be clearing the other bonus. But I guess I'll just stick to normal happy hours from now on. Another objective successfully completed :P