NL SSS by luitzen

• luitzen
      luitzen
      Bronze
      I would like some hands of mine to be analysed by an expert.

All hands are on .05/.10 tables.

In the first hand I sat at the table with $3,92 waiting for the big blind to leave the table and pick up some additional rake bonusses. I got dealt AT and I'm in late position. One person enters the hand and I place a bet of $0,40. I know that it's against SSS, but sometimes I play AhTd on a quiet table and I could fold this hand anytime. The other player calls. Flop 4hTc3d, I go all-in since I have a top pair and the other player limped in, so he won't have AA, KK, QQ or JJ. He calls and shows 5c4c. Turn 8d, river Kc and I win. I wonder why he actually made both calls since he should have figured out that I would have at least an higher pair (66-AA) since I betted very aggressively. Secondly I would like to know if my analysis was right and whether I played this hand right. I won, but I could have lost.

Another one:
      I'm on the small blind and get dealt KdQc. Two players call, all other players fold, I raise to $0.60, button raises to $1.10, I call. Flop Ah3s8s, I go all-in, player shows JcTd, flop 8d, river Tc and I win. Strategy guide says raise 4BBs and 1BB for every player who enters the hand when you get dealt KQ and no-one raise. The raise to $1,1 was not quite big and I felt kinda obliged to call it. On the flop I didn't think he had a pair or an ace because of his small raise. I was afraid of the turn and river and had invest $1,10/$1,80 in that hand already, so I went all-in, partly to bluff. My question is: how well did I play this hand or should I have played it differently? Shouldn't I have called his raise? Shouldn't I have gone all-in? Or did I make the right decision and how bad did my opponent play his hand. He should have known I would only play strong hands since I sat at that table for a while and hadn't been in any hand so far (apart from my blind which wasn't raised till the river where I hit 3oaK).

And the last one:
      I got dealt AhKc. I raise one opponent re-raises, I go all-in. Opponent shows 8s9s. Flop, turn and river don't show any aces or kings, but on the turn there is a 9. Bad beat, but why would someone ever re-raise with 89s and call when someone goes all-in?
  • 6 replies
    • SoyCD
      SoyCD
      Bronze
      Hello luitzen,

Its good to see you are looking for advice on played hands. It seems you have stumbled into the wrong forum however (this is the feedback forum). I'll move it to the SSS/No-Limit board.

In the future I would suggest checking out this thread: Hand posting guide

As well as this one: PokerHand Converter Guide

This is the correct SSS hand evaluation board btw: http://www.pokerstrategy.com/forum/board.php?boardid=1436

I'll leave the hand analysis to some more veteran SSS players ;)

Best regards
      SoyCD
    • luitzen
      luitzen
      Bronze
      Tyvm. Too bad I don't have them anymore.
    • luitzen
      luitzen
      Bronze
      So how do I do this? I copy-paste my hand history from Fullt Tilt to the converter and I get a message that I did something wrong and it doesn' t do anything.
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Hey luitzen,

First of all I like the questions you ask here since it kinda reminds me of myself back when I was bronze and was exactly told that these stuff are for Gold+ members. However I will try to answer your questions.

[1] For a basic SS-player who doesn't use a HUD nor statistics and is playing on microstakes, I am in favour of folding ATo preflop with a doubled stack. Playing with a doubled stack is not even close to optimal + holding a marginal hand makes it even more difficult.

The all-in bet you make on the flop is a serious overbet and you can achieve the same result (=letting opponent fold or call and get more value on the turn with weaker hands) by betting like 2/3 of the pot.

[2] When the Button limp/raises you, you can never éver call with a Shortstack. It is either PUSH or FOLD. Therefore I refer to the REmaining Stack :: Original raise ratio and based on that you can judge for yourself if you can go all-in with KQo.
      It doesn't really make sense to just call and be lucky to hit something because the odds are against you meaning that you will lose money in the long run. No one wants that ;)

[3] That's concerning the break-even percentage they get if they have to call your raise. A thumb of rule is that whenever one needs <25% break-even equity , he will call you anyway.
      Try to use the equilator or pokerstove and compare different holdings with each other, mostly you have more than 25% equity that's why he calls I think. But these questions are kinda advanced and could confuse you with your basic play :)

- Gerv
    • SoyCD
      SoyCD
      Bronze
      Originally posted by luitzen
      So how do I do this? I copy-paste my hand history from Fullt Tilt to the converter and I get a message that I did something wrong and it doesn' t do anything.
      Hey luitzen,

The easiest way to do it is probably to download and use the PokerStrategy Elephant: http://www.pokerstrategy.com/software/9/

This will automatically keep track of your hands and allow you to export them in forum format. I don't play at Full Tilt myself, so I am not sure about their hand history format - but in general if you cut and paste the full history into the online hand converter it should convert it correctly. Are your hand histories in English?

Best regards
      SoyCD
    • luitzen
      luitzen
      Bronze
      @Gerv: Thank you very much, I really appreciate your evaluation. Please tell me more about that break even equity. Maybe it's a bit complicated, but I'm smart, who knows.

@SoyCD: suddenly it works, don't know what went differently this time, but it works.

I've tried installing Elephant, but it doesn't quite work. Problems with the database or something.

This one was nasty:

Preflop: Hero is BB with A, A.
      7 folds, Hero gets uncalled bet back.