Tracking software

• heelia
      heelia
      Bronze
      Hello everybody,
      playing poker for about 3 weeks and I have to say PS helped me a lot to improve my game. To be better, I would like to start using some kind of tracking software, which could help me to analyze my opponenet correctly.
      I have seen a nice one - Poker Tracker 3 - which is also available for 2 months for free - I would like to ask you, experienced players, what do you think about this kind of software. My second question is if it's legal to use it on Poker Rooms like Titan Poker, PokerStars, PartyPoker, FullTilt etc.
      Thanks a lot for your replys, yours John
  • 6 replies
    • MrMardyBum
      MrMardyBum
      Bronze
      In my opinion, Poker Tracker 3 is one of the leaders when it comes to tracking software. I used PT2, now PT3, I've tried pretty much all of them to be honest, but poker tracker just seems to be the best. Only problem I do have with poker tracker is the HUD on Full Tilt, as you have to change the positions manually. But other than that 1 minor niggle, I would recommend it. Hold 'em Manager is also pretty good, and very similar to PT in many ways, and it's also free for 15 days if you wanted to try that also.
      The elephant software here, I can't get to work, and seems they have to many problems with it to make it worth while using. I hope that they sort this cos you can't have a half finished program tracking.

Have a look around, most offer free trials, just find one that you feel comfortable with and think you could live with for as long as you are playing poker. Poker Office 5 is now availible also, and is a pretty slick piece of software, you only get a 300 hand trial though. But it is enough to see the features it offers.

No it's not illegal.
    • VirtuaGod
      VirtuaGod
      Bronze
      PT3 or Holdem Manager are the best. They are legal. You can buy them at a discount at the german porkerstrategy shop. Holdem manager small stakes is something like 35 euros, very affordable. :)
    • kingdippy2008
      kingdippy2008
      Bronze
      Hi John,

First off i will recomend a free product from pokerstrategy called the elephant. It is still in devlopment but is free after you have gained 1000 lifetimes SP's. There also a 21 day free trial to this well all options are availabe. After this period you can use it still, but with some limitations. It will still be able to make pretty graphs and review your hand historys and show you days winnings or losses (hopefully not losses ;) )
      Here is a link to this:
      http://www.pokerstrategy.com/software/9/

As you mentioned there is also a product called pokertracker 3 on the market. You have to pay for this, although there is a trial. It does all the things mentioned above.

Also the is a Program called Hold'em Manager. This is considered by many to be the best on the market. Im not sure but this might also have a free trial for 21 days.

None of these programs are prohibited by any of the pokerrooms you mentioned.

I would recommend you download the trial of the elephant and see how you like this. Then maybe after the trail has expired, if you dont have enough SP's for the full licensce then try the trial of pokertracker or hold'em manager.

Best wishes and good luck at the tables,

-Jack
    • heelia
      heelia
      Bronze
      First of all, thanks for all your replys.
      I was trying to install PS Elephant four times on Vista, but I was not successful anytime. Maybe there is a way - downgrading to XP (I'll think about it), but I wanted to try the PT3 too.
      Nice summary though, I will try all to find out which one is the best for me.
      Have a nice day every1 :-) and GL at tables ;)
    • Gaj
      Gaj
      Bronze
      Hi, ill just borrow this thread if you dont mind!

So far ive tracked that poker copilot is the only mac supporting software, is that still right or is there already any changes?

Tnx
    • MrMardyBum
      MrMardyBum
      Bronze
      http://www.openendsoftware.com/macpokerpro/index.html - Mac poker Pro

http://www.floptech.com/flopzoom/index.html - Flopzoom

http://www.macpokeronline.com/poker-software/poker-edge/ - Poker Edge

There's a few more for you to try ;)