Is it possible to get the $100 bonus?

• mChavez
      mChavez
      Bronze
      Hi all!

I am wondering if anyone managed to clear the PS $100 bonus on Pacific. It looks like I need to pay $400 rake to get the bonus, but that means playing about 20-30 SNG's a day if following the BRM. Taking into the account that there are not many players at pacific and I can only play 4 tables at a time at my level, that would mean either playing 10 hrs a day, or not following the brm.

Any suggestions on how to clear the bonus? I can only think about playing many $5 heads-ups and just hoping that the loss from them would be less than the $100 bonus. But that doesn't look right to me =(
  • 24 replies
    • PidKoker
      PidKoker
      Global
      I am not sure about the traffic at that site but why not try cash games they create alot more rake... Either SSS or FL FR cash games should be in your Bankroll and allow you to create more rake and not play too variance high poker.. but please follow BRM. Best of luck to you.
    • mChavez
      mChavez
      Bronze
      Do cash games generate significantly more rake? I can only 4-table, and there are not many cash tables at 888 =(

I am quite bad at FL, and I do not intend to play it in the nearest future=)

I do not think that it is possible to successfully play SSS on pacific, because you can only buy in at least 20BB each time and you cannot buy out. So after 2-3 allins you stop being a shortstack!
      Please correct meif I'm wrong.

Furthermore, I believe I'll generate a lot more profit from playing SNGs, so I don't think the bonus would be worth the difference in earnings =(
    • Heffron89
      Heffron89
      Bronze
      lol u cant be bad at FL.... its just to wait for a good hand cap it PF and if u hit good cap it.
    • mChavez
      mChavez
      Bronze
      sounds easy=) ))) lol
    • tokyoaces
      tokyoaces
      Bronze
      Originally posted by mChavez
      Please correct meif I'm wrong.
      It's quite easy to play SSS at Pacific. I can run 4-6 tables at a time with no problems. Maybe you aren't logging in at the peak times? Usually from 15:00 GMT until late you can find plenty of tables.

I don't think it is very easy to clear the bonus, but you do have 4 months to do it in. The big problem is that it only counts the rake that you personally play so it is a very very slow bonus.

After 600 hands of SSS I have only cleared 4 points out of 800 needed. That means I'll need roughly 120,000 hands played to clear the whole bonus. Basically 1,000 hands a day.

Like you mentioned you will have personally paid about $400 rake by the time you clear the bonus. There are definitely easier ways to make $100. :D
    • kennyxx
      kennyxx
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Heffron89
      lol u cant be bad at FL.... its just to wait for a good hand cap it PF and if u hit good cap it.
      Sorry Heffron89, but I'm currently ROFLing little bit :D

FL is not SSS :rolleyes:
    • mChavez
      mChavez
      Bronze
      Hey kenny, I think I just seen you at a FL table (if you play .12/.25). FL rocks! I love it now. You get an hour of folding and then a minute of hitting the RAISE button, but its so much fun! =) ))) Ant it seems to be quite profitable at pacific=)

FL seems to generate quite a lot of rake, although I had a look at my bonus points agian and I only need to be getting 10 a day now, which is easily achievable if I play $2.5 sngs and $5 DoNs. Not a good BRM, but i'm shure i won't go bust=)

I guess now i'll be 2 tabling FL and 2 tabling sngs. they seem to be going really well together.

tokyoaces, i've tried sssing, but i didn't like it cause you cannot buy out (or can you???), so you have to close a table after 1-2 wins cause you become a bigstack.
    • kennyxx
      kennyxx
      Bronze
      hehe, I never played any hand on pacific so sorry, and I'm playing SH btw :)

Am I got it right that You are playing two tables of FL and two SNGs together? Well, it's up to You but it's like playing chess and tennis at the same time... ;) . Do You think You can easilly switch between FL and SnG strategy so quickly? No offence, I'm just interested...
    • Heffron89
      Heffron89
      Bronze
      Originally posted by kennyxx

He said "I'm quite bad at FL"

And btw FL and SSS are not poker its just like lotto u get a good hand stick all money in and hope for the best. Play real poker instead.
    • mChavez
      mChavez
      Bronze
      Then it was a different Kenny =) ))

I need a real bankroll for real poker ;) )))))

It seems fine for me to switch between SNG and FL. I'm quite used to SNGs now, and I play really conservatively at FL tables, cause i'm just starting to play it. Had no problems so far, but I know that playing these two together is a bit wierd.
    • mChavez
      mChavez
      Bronze
      Btw, if I receive my $100 bonus, would I be able to cash out right after it or would I need to wager extra 5k or 10k or whatever?
    • Alan883
      Alan883
      Bronze
      Hehe i received my 100 bonus on pacific and after that you need to wager 10k to cash out:) ))
    • mishuq
      mishuq
      Bronze
      wow!
      all that for 100$ bonus?

isn't that a bit harsh ? I mean, from what I've read here, you don't have the bonus advantage, traffic ain't very good and I suppose no rakeback either.

why play at this platform ?
      no, I'm not turning this thread into a "xxx poker is rigged!! don't play here!", I just want to see some thoughts from insiders about pacific as I'm thinking of moving a part of my br to another site
    • tokyoaces
      tokyoaces
      Bronze
      Originally posted by mishuq
      why play at this platform ?
      The players are SOOO bad that it makes up for the bad bonus system and rakeback.

I was sitting at a 6-max table yesterday and the LOWEST VP$IP person at the table was 42! I was able to tripple up and leave quite happy. :D
    • mChavez
      mChavez
      Bronze
      BTW I'm about to clear the bonus=) ))
    • sinn444
      sinn444
      Bronze
      I've been playing 3 days, got 20 points. How much do I need to get 50, then other 50$, then cash out?? Is it 800 for 100$ in 4months? Then 10k in how long?? And how the hell do I collect 10k?? And how do I collect strategy points??
    • tokyoaces
      tokyoaces
      Bronze
      Originally posted by sinn444
      I've been playing 3 days, got 20 points. How much do I need to get 50, then other 50$, then cash out?? Is it 800 for 100$ in 4months?Then 10k in how long?? And how the hell do I collect 10k??
      You need to get 800 frequent player points in order to get your $100 bonus. By the time you have collected that many you will have easily wagered enough to withdraw the full amount. (Maybe not if you play SNGs. I have only worked it out for cash games.)

Originally posted by sinn444
      And how do I collect strategy points??
      By playing poker on sites where you are tracked by PokerStrategy.com. Pacific has been known to be up to a week behind, but lately they are up-to-date.
    • Schnitzelfisch
      Schnitzelfisch
      Bronze
      And that's why you should read articles rather than listen to people who have no clue about FL -.-
    • Schnitzelfisch
      Schnitzelfisch
      Bronze
      Originally posted by kennyxx

He said "I'm quite bad at FL"

And btw FL and SSS are not poker its just like lotto u get a good hand stick all money in and hope for the best. Play real poker instead.
      Yeah, and real poker is going all in preflop to avoid making decisions postflop, right? NL is easier than any kind of pot limit or fixed limit poker and I think that every person who has a brain should know that ;) .