So tired of this BS

• tytyty2121
      Context: I play NL20 on Mansion.

I meant to post something for a while but never did because I thought I was just going through a natural downswing (in 800 hands I lost the profit of 11,000 hands). I was going mental and decided to take a break.

So here I am today. My foot in a cast and with time to spare. I decide to play. I decide to go slowly, playing only 3 deep stack tables. After grinding 600 laborious hands in the afternoon, getting no action with my monsters, getting ripped apart by awful flops, I still managed to make $10 profit. (Man, I really have nothing else to do).

Then comes this ridiculous hand:

Known players:

0.1/0.2 No-Limit Hold'em (10 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by

Preflop: Hero is UTG1 with 7:club: , 7:heart:
      UTG folds, Hero calls $0.20, UTG2 folds, MP1 calls $0.20, MP2 folds, MP3 calls $0.20, 2 folds, SB calls $0.10, BB checks.

Flop: ($1.00) 7:diamond: , K:club: , 8:heart: (5 players)
      SB checks, BB checks, Hero bets $1.00, MP1 calls $1.00, MP3 calls $1.00, SB calls $1.00, BB folds.

Turn: ($5.00) J:heart: (4 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $5.00, MP1 folds, MP3 calls $5.00, SB folds.

River: ($15.00) K:spade: (2 players)
      Hero bets $15.00, MP3 raises to $12.49 (All-In).

Final Pot: $42.49

Results follow :
      Hero shows a full-house, sevens full of kings (7c 7h)
      MP3 shows a full-house, kings full of sevens (Kh 7s)

MP3 wins with a full-house, kings full of sevens (Kh 7s)

So here I stand after 601 hands, one ridiculous hand losing me two times what I earned in 3 hours.

This poker room does not reward grinding players. Only donks and fishes.

Well, I have lost enough of my time (and $250 profit) with this piece of sh**. I am cashing out my remaining bankroll.

The worst thing is that it completely takes away the will to play and grind. What's the fucking point?
  • 7 replies
    • EagleStar88
      It's a shame to lose another promising player, but if you are not mentally tough enough to cope with this, then a break would probably do you good.

Just standard variance and evens out over the long term. Just curse, smile & carry on or like I say take a break and return mentally stronger.

Keep confidence in your own ability.

Good luck,

• Berzerger
      No offense mate, but if you think the platform's random number generator is against you, you're just looking for excuses.
    • tytyty2121
      Thanks for the encouragement.

I definitively need a break...from Mansion. I just don't trust the room anymore, seen too many "action flops", lost too many coin flips, suffered too many suckouts.

The wierdest thing is the feeling that some hands are set up, that whatever you do, whatever raise you face, you are still destined to call or shove (trips vs trips, overpair vs 2 pairs, flopped straight vs flush draw...) because you are either ahead at that point or because you have correct odds. Yet you always end up on the losing side.

Or maybe it is just that there are too many Strategist there and it makes the games even harder to beat...

PS: I am not saying that the game is rigged. This is just the way I feel it. Maybe it is rigged (action dealer), maybe it is a downswing, maybe it is just because of the fishes (but the fishes always win now), maybe it is because of too many Strategists, maybe I just turn into a losing player overnight.

I am no longer interested to find the answer...
    • pokeralle
      I totallly agree with you. I see and experience those suckouts every day when playing at MansionPoker, and I've been playing there for about two months now. Could it just be a coincidence? :D
    • Bridders
      What online playing players don't seem to understand and that it is, your playing against a software program that is not a standard 52 pack of cards.
      The hands you get and the flops you see are picked from thin air so to speak.RNG's are not a pack of 52 cards like you have in the live game.It's all based on mathamatics as to what card comes out next.Online poker is all about timing more than playing the players.Online poker can be profitable but I have to agree it as become increasingly harder and harder , speciallly with the amount of donkeys and total non educated so called poker players playing online now.Most are gamblers with no idea of how the game of poker is played..... they will call with shit after shit .. any ace here any ace there... a good player will always come out in front in the long run.
      It just gets you so angry when you are the one battered by the donkey.
    • JTringer
      11k hands? get back to me after ~40k minimum, downswings happen, live with it
    • opal99
      Originally posted by tytyty2121
      I definitively need a break...from Mansion. I just don't trust the room anymore, seen too many "action flops", lost too many coin flips, suffered too many suckouts.
      :D Trust me, I experienced at least 100x more suckouts in last 5 days than you could... These things happens, just cope with it or leave asap.

If I am on recommended PS BRM, I'd have to move down 2 limits this week, so THIS is downswing, not losing in 800 hands and being b/e for 11k. What would you do if you lost your last month earnings in 5 days in just 14,000 hands? And what if you finish every single session in red numbers over period of 2 weeks (happened to me few months ago)?

This is poker. THIS is about variance. THIS is about long term.

The sooner you will realize this, the better player you'll become.