This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] Nl10 Sh - Aa

• pokeralle
      pokeralle
      Bronze
      Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $10,01
      CO:
      $16,13

0,05/0,1 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.65 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with A:diamond: , A:spade:
      MP2 folds, Hero raises to $0,40, CO calls $0,40, 3 folds.

Flop: ($0,95) K:diamond: , 4:club: , 8:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0,70, CO raises to $1,80, Hero calls $1,10.

Turn: ($4,55) 7:spade: (2 players)
      Hero bets $3,00, CO raises to $7,00, Hero raises to $7,81 (All-In), CO calls $0,81.

River: ($20,17) 3:diamond: (1 players)

Final Pot: $20,17

Flop: It took him some time before he raised. I thought to myself that he had hit his set and was just thinking how to get the money in. Anyway I decided to call.

Turn: I was going to play b/f, but I was on tilt and could not fold those beauties, so pushed just to find out I was right about my read.

So how would you prefer to play this hand against this unknown guy? Maybe it's better to 3 bet flop and then fold if he shoves, instead of calling and b/f turn as my plan was?
  • 3 replies
    • Fongie
      Fongie
      Bronze
      Imo we have 3 options against unknown.

Option 1: fold

Option 2: reraise and get it in on the flop, reraising and folding is bad

Option 3: call flop, c/c turn and c/f river

I think these are our options normally vs unknown, and I like option 3 best because:
      - we don't know how he plays a king on the flop, he could reraise it and barrel the turn, but I think mostly a king will check behind the river if we call on the turn
      - if he is on a bluff he might 2nd barrel the turn but not the river (mostly)

Option 2 is also not bad because we have the backdoor nut flush to go along with our overpair, and because worse (AK, maybe KQ, flushdraw) might get it in against us. I still prefer option 3 because a raise on the flop on NL10 *usually* means a set against unknown fullstack.

Hope it helped :)
    • pokeralle
      pokeralle
      Bronze
      Thanks for the feedback. will be playing according to the 3rd option if I get into a similar situation in the future against an unknown :)
    • BogdanDin7
      BogdanDin7
      Bronze
      I like line 3 also but against this guy even if unknown he shows signs of some fishy maniac so i would c/c river too if he 3rd barrels given the fact that by then i would get odds about 1:3 to call