Problems with Elephant set-up

• luitzen
      luitzen
      Bronze
      Hi everyone.

I have problems with the set-up of Elephant. Elephant installation itself goes well. When I install PostgresSQL I get a number of error reports:

- Failed to connect to the database. Procedural languages files are installed, but are not activated in any database.
      - could not connect to server: Connection refused (0x0000274D/10061)
      Is the server running on host "127.0.0.1" and accepting TCP/IP connections on port 5432?
      - Failed to connect to the 'template1' database. Contrib files are installed, but are not activated in any databases.
      - could not connect to server: Connection refused (0x0000274D/10061)
      Is the server running on host "127.0.0.1" and accepting TCP/IP connections on port 5432?
  • 3 replies
    • luitzen
      luitzen
      Bronze
      I went to the PostgreSQL website, installed some random crap and now it works. Don't know how and don't know why.

Btw: I'm using Windows Vista 64 bit, don't know if that has to anything with it.
    • STR82ACE
      STR82ACE
      Bronze
      I've got the very same problem, but I'm lost as far as what to do with it. Where did you say you got that 'random crap'??
    • luitzen
      luitzen
      Bronze
      Go to postgresql.org and download the software. Install using the one-click installer and try starting Elephant again. Be sure that you check which username you use installing postgreSQL and don't forget the passwords.

Now I have another problem. My graph and stats in the overview pane don't update. It still shows I lost 4 bucks earlier this night, but I already made 20 bucks profit this morning.