loosing money on SSS

• Vikshrasss
      Vikshrasss
      Bronze
      Hi, basicly i folow SSS as much as i can, I agree that I made some mistakes that cost me some money, but even by playing strictly by charts and strategy I still loose money. I watched a number of videos, coachings, now even got elephant (but it's not realy usefull as I dont have other players stats), and still nothing is helping. I had a bad luck as well, now I even afraid to push with KK or AK when i have to, because I loose them very often. I know it is going to be profitable in a long term, but I only have less than 20$ left from my 50. I might not get to the long term.
      Here's some figures(couldn't mange to copy them,sorry).

Hands 2647
      VP$IP 6.2%
      Handrange flop 6.4%
      Preflop Raise 4.6%
      Open Raise Late Pos. 7.1%
      Fold SB to steal 97.2%
      Fold BB to steal 92.6%
      Agression factor 3.1
      Handrange showdown 2.2%
      WtSDwsF 35.1%
      W$@SD 52.5%
      W$wsF 30.4%
      AmountRake $3.37
      BigBlinds/100 -10
      -268.7 BB
      $-26.87

Can someone tell me from this, what am i doing wrong? if u need any more stats, tell me how to find them on elephant and i will post them.
      Thanks In Advance !
  • 9 replies
    • yaxkukmian
      yaxkukmian
      Bronze
      2600 hands is too small sample to be sure that you're losing player. SSS is quite swingy so that doesn't mean you're playing bad. From experience I can tell you that there are some leaks in your play (as any other player who's starting sss has few) so review your hands and if you're in doubt, post it and ask for opinion.

VP$IP is too low, even for sss it should be 8-9%.
      Preflop raise is also too low, you should be more aggresive preflop - you said it yourself you're afraid playing monsters in some situations. That's a big problem. The solution is very simple - don't think about money think about your play. If you're afraid you gonna lose $$ you won't be ready to play it and as a result you won't be playing the hands you should and some other time you'll play the hand you shouldn't.

W$wsf is also too low - you give up too easily postflop. Be ready to play some pots. If player sees that you're super tight they will easily fold their hands when you show the strength and will contibet you most of the time to take the pot easily from you.

Read the articles again. Make sure you understand the charts and try to memorize them. Remember - with sss you want to go all-in preflop or postflop, don't be afraid doing that(with appropriate hands from charts of course).

Good luck and don't think twice to post any questions or doubts.
    • Jaime001254
      Jaime001254
      Bronze
      vpip is OK, but PFR should be 6% too
    • alejandrosh
      alejandrosh
      Bronze
      no need to get looser than 6% vpip, but pfr should be 6 too it can be looser but I guess you play nl10 so no need to get more fancy than shc.
    • Frakkk
      Frakkk
      Bronze
      Just make sure you stick to the strategy, follow the shc, as well as when you push all in with what hands and when do you fold. I'm trying SSS as well and just had a downswing. Over 4400 hands I've lost $48, the last $40 was basically going into the blinds, I won some then lose some. Keep it up and stick to the strategy.
    • Mstlc
      Mstlc
      Bronze
      I've played SSS for a bit during these 3 months I've played poker. I quit again within 2 weeks and just jumped down a limit & started playing 100BB again.

The reason why I didn't really like SSS is because of the very reason mentioned a few posts above: It's just very swingy. I doubled my bankroll in 2days. Then the next day I lost a massive amount of coinflips, which in the end is what your playing at with this strategy, in addition I got several suckouts (loosing AA again 2 undercards or unpairs etc) and coolers and I just lost all my winnings very fast again and more...

SSS is something for people that have a bit more mental resilience then I do I think cause I couldn't help but starting to go on tilt/enrage mode after losing several coinflips very fast.
      Then afterwards I started wondering if this SSS actually even worked but after reviewing hand history's I would actually notice that I just deviated from the charts too much (due to tilting): Opening UTG with AQ, AJ... Calling down reraises with AJ, going all-in with JJ and QQ while having 2 raises before me or not being able to lay down KK on a Axx flop...

basicly i folow SSS as much as i can

There is no in between really... If you play this strat you really do have to stick to the charts 100% because people just don't fold against 20BB's, you can only play very very good hands. If you feel like you're tilting you should quit asap and go do something else because your bankroll will melt away very fast otherwise.
    • Vikshrasss
      Vikshrasss
      Bronze
      Thanks very much guys for your opinions.
      Well, I'll try my best to improve, maybe I'll get lucky and start wining.

Oh one more thing I forgot to mention.
      PartyPoker ! It says that it is perfect for beginners when you choose your platform after you get your 50$. Well I strongly disagree with that and I think They should do something about it.
      I tried to play SnG's in the beginning. A non turbo SnG starts at $3 buy in. Which is bad. Turbo ones is not a good thing for a beginner.
      Then I went to SSS. When you watch videos, coaching - they play lets say at pokerstars and they have no more than 1 SSS on their tables and things look so easy there. I'm happy to get less than 4 SSS on mines. And I noticed, the more large stacks is on my players the more money I take from a table. It is just not so easy.
      So there we go.

cheers guys !
    • Frakkk
      Frakkk
      Bronze
      Yes, table selection is very important. Partypoker is full of shortstacks, not all of them follow the strategy tho.
    • Mstlc
      Mstlc
      Bronze
      You're right. On Partypoker it's extremely hard to find a table with less then 3 other shortstackers, it's way easier to find good tables on Pokerstar imo. There's way more tables to begin with for every limit and the average player buys in for at least 50BB's it seems.
    • TheBu11d0g
      TheBu11d0g
      Bronze
      I would agree that Party Poker is not a very good place for NL10 SSS. I moved there when i had to drop down from NL25 due a serious downswing and to take part in the gladiator promo but i only lasted 2 days before withdrawing my roll and moving back to Stars, which is where i should have stayed in the first place :rolleyes: .

My first two days on Party i went down $20 but it was just so hard to use good table selection there and you was lucky if you got a table with less than 5 shorties on it and from what i observed there the majority are playing with the SSS.

I played my first couple of sessions back on stars and so far i am back up $9. And the tables are perfect as sometimes i can be the only shortie on there.

Regards,
      -Steve