Full Tilt / Party or Other?

• rhinoneil
      rhinoneil
      Silver
      I am currently playing mostly on Pokerstars which I like for several reasons.

I play mostly sngs and I can always get a game and never have to wait more than a few seconds / minutes for it to start.

The standard overall is pretty poor so its relatively straightforward to play ABC and make the money.

The variety of sngs is good (9,18, 45, 180 seaters etc)

My big problem is that my poker stars account is not tracked to PS so I dont therefore earn strategy points and stay a lowly bronze which obviously limits the articles I can view.
      I
      have a tracked Full Tilt account which I have yet to deposit in and I am planning on making a deposit in the next few days but would like some opinions on whether Full Tilt is right for me or if Party Poker or another site may be better.

I intend to play a mixture of sngs (up to $20 buy in) and cash (NL50), and would like to know if its as quick and easy as stars to get a game and also what the standard is like at these levels.

Also, any Brits out there, what is the withdrawal system like, I deposit and withdraw using a Visa DEBIT card, Stars is ok if a bit slow at times so how do other sites compare?

What site is best for rake / bonuses and mtts also?

Also I am using pokertracker in preference to Elephant at the moment because it works with sngs, are there any issues with PT or Elephant at Full Tilt, Party or other suggestions?

Thanks for any help, really appreciated.
  • 24 replies
    • MrMardyBum
      MrMardyBum
      Bronze
      I love Full Tilt to be honest and I am the opposite of you, I joined a different poker room with this site, and felt the tug back to full tilt...

It's my personal favourite and with 27% rakeback as well, you can't really go wrong. Shame you didn'y do this a few days ago, they have a promotion on that is so easy to clear, every player on Full Tilt is going to get $25 ....

And the 45 man SnG's are so easy it's laughable, withing 20 minutes at least half the field have dropped out lol.
    • MrMardyBum
      MrMardyBum
      Bronze
      Oh yeah and poker tracker works great with FTP, but you have to rearrange the HUD if you are using one. like everytime you sit down....

So that can be annoying, but small price to pay imo.... The traffic is also high at anytime day or night.
    • rhinoneil
      rhinoneil
      Silver
      or I could go back to Titan / Mansion?
    • MrMardyBum
      MrMardyBum
      Bronze
      Stay clear of Ipoker at all costs is my new motto.

There is something strange going on imo... plus the software is awful, there are no US players which cuts traffic to less than half of the other sites, and also cuts down on the fish in the pool. Titan takes forever to refresh the lobbies as well so can be a bloody nightmare trying to get into a game.

Put down the Ipoker skins and back away slowly!

Seriously, this is just my opinion of course. Check the other forums around the net though you'll notice there are a lot of complaints at the moment concerning Ipoker.
    • PidKoker
      PidKoker
      Global
      The big 3 are the best sites IMO (Fulltilt, Stars, Party) They have lots of traffic and a ton of fish. Their individual VIP systems vary, but for low stakes I say FT is the best though because when you are playing cash games the 27% rakeback is amazing.. but the SnG sturucture has no Antes and blinds dont have big jumps (which people say favours bad players) which is different then Stars/Party which uses Antes after 50/100 i think, not so sure if they start at 50/100 on Party.

I also think that you should pick one game SnG OR Cash games because they are 2 different beasts and spending time on one will not help you in the other (you may mix up strategy and end up making incorrect moves)

Best of luck to you in the future.
    • Mstlc
      Mstlc
      Bronze
      You shouldn't play low stakes SnG's on PP due to high rake.

Just as an example, for the $1 SnG's on PP you're paying 20c rake. But the rake is including in the $1, making 20% of your buy-in rake.
      The $1 SnG's on PS you are paying $1+20c. Meaning "only" 16.6% of you're buy-in is rake there. The difference isn't huge but it's big enough on the long term.

Also the low stakes SnG's, at least the $1 & $3 ones party poker only offer speed & turbo variants with 5 & 3 minute blind lvls respectively. The result is that any turbo game changes into a crap shoot after like... 12 minutes. And the speed games barely hold out any longer then that.
      The structure on Pokerstars is just way better. I've been playing a lot of 25c 45man SnG's lately in combination with single table $1 SnG's on PS and the structures are just good.
      After an hour the blinds are 100/200 in the $1 games with average stacks of over 10BB's. So it's a lot more playable. The 25c ones last about 1h45m if you reach the final 3 and they never really turn into crapshoots either imo.

I find it way easier to cash on Pokerstars then it is on Partypoker at least. Can't say much about FT.
    • wowadvisor
      wowadvisor
      Bronze
      can anybody tell me the typical rake% full tilt takes?

i play fixed limit full ring 0.1/0.2 ! on most platforms its 5% rake! What about fulltilt? thank you,.
    • redskwerl
      redskwerl
      Black
      doublepost
    • redskwerl
      redskwerl
      Black
      look here to find rake/lvl

http://www.fulltiltpoker.com/rake.php[/quote]
    • MrMardyBum
      MrMardyBum
      Bronze
      Originally posted by PidKoker
      The big 3 are the best sites IMO (Fulltilt, Stars, Party) They have lots of traffic and a ton of fish. Their individual VIP systems vary, but for low stakes I say FT is the best though because when you are playing cash games the 27% rakeback is amazing.. but the SnG sturucture has no Antes and blinds dont have big jumps (which people say favours bad players) which is different then Stars/Party which uses Antes after 50/100 i think, not so sure if they start at 50/100 on Party.

I also think that you should pick one game SnG OR Cash games because they are 2 different beasts and spending time on one will not help you in the other (you may mix up strategy and end up making incorrect moves)

Best of luck to you in the future.
      Yeah the independant sites are a lot better, agreed. Nice summary.
    • rhinoneil
      rhinoneil
      Silver
      Thanks for all the advice, I think Full Tilt looks favourite.
      Does anyone have any experiences with banking at Full Tilt please?
    • MrMardyBum
      MrMardyBum
      Bronze
      I do.... Cashout in 3-4 working days via my debit card.

And I think it was 5 days to pay into my Neteller account... On the whole not to bad. I've seen quicker, but then I've seen slower too.
    • rhinoneil
      rhinoneil
      Silver
      OK FT have closed the account I set up through PS as I opened one several months ago even though I never deposited, doh!
      Is it possible to get my old account tracked to PS?
    • rhinoneil
      rhinoneil
      Silver
      Update, FT say they wont retrack my old account.
      Anybody got any suggestions for an alternative site?
    • Anssi
      Anssi
      Black
      Try Cake, pretty much like Full Tilt except rake is lower and promos more fun.
    • MrMardyBum
      MrMardyBum
      Bronze
      Originally posted by redskwerl
      doublepost
      Noob :P Lol
    • MrMardyBum
      MrMardyBum
      Bronze
      Originally posted by rhinoneil
      Update, FT say they wont retrack my old account.
      Anybody got any suggestions for an alternative site?
      Pokerstars imo. I loved FT until I played at Pokerstars, best for traffic, and tables are always running (at lower limits anyway). No rakeback though :(

So I am tempted to move until I get to higher limits.
    • rhinoneil
      rhinoneil
      Silver
      Pokerstars is a site i really like, but its not tracked to PS hence I dont earn strategy points which is the main reason I am looking for an alternative.
      Any other comments on Cake anyone?
    • jmackenzie
      jmackenzie
      Silver
      Cakes good especially if you can play well without a hud.