Big dilemma

• SmitBondz
      SmitBondz
      Bronze
      Hi guys.

I'm new to pokerstrategy but not to poker...I did the quizzes and chose to get my starting capital on Titan poker as that was the recommended one.

I started off playing 0.05/0.10NL and using the SSS but playing a few more hands, depending on position and if people have entered the pot before and to try and steal the blinds. I found that whenever I raised, a lot of the time everyone would fold and I'd end up with the blinds, which is why i started raising with crap on the button etc.
      I also played 6max cos full ring games usually used to suck out on me or i just used to make a loss on them.

I then got annoyed with titan as i couldn't multitable due to it not popping up the table im meant to act on unless i had an internet window up and would therefore sit me out on every table and lose blonds etc. So I just wasted all my money on it.

My question is that now ive iinvested 50 dolla on full tilt, is it worth following the SSS to the book and try make money on it? and what stakes to start at?
  • 7 replies
    • SSSC2NV
      SSSC2NV
      Bronze
      Follow the SHC and tables to the "T"

Its a proven formula that WORKS. After reading through and passing my quizzes and such, I put it into action and sure enough.. its working for me!

Play tight and on point, and you WILL turn a profit.

As for what limits to play at... thats a tough call. I dont have the patience for all the fish and donks on the micro limits.

That being said, I wouldnt go over .25/.50 until you are comfortable moving up. But to be truly successful, follow the suggested limits and BRM.

Good luck!
    • wasy8
      wasy8
      Black
      The fish and the donks are your moneymakers. Yes, variance will be very high with SSS, but in the long run you will turn a profit if you play it right.
    • Schnitzelfisch
      Schnitzelfisch
      Bronze
      ipoker is crap for SSS :( . should have chosen pokerstars, but ah well.. happens :( . Anyways, when you build up your BR, move to FTP or Pokerstars and enjoy your huge rakebacks even on downswings ) +EV :) . just don't get scared of variance and you'll be fine!
    • SmitBondz
      SmitBondz
      Bronze
      Pokerstars is my favourite site, but couldn't play on itas I already have an account on there.

As I said, I've made an account on fulltilt now and hopefull with persuasion from users from this board will try out the SSS "to the T" and try make a profit on it.

How much profit do you actually see on say a 2 hour session on a couple of tables?
    • Schnitzelfisch
      Schnitzelfisch
      Bronze
      Originally posted by SmitBondz
      Pokerstars is my favourite site, but couldn't play on itas I already have an account on there.

As I said, I've made an account on fulltilt now and hopefull with persuasion from users from this board will try out the SSS "to the T" and try make a profit on it.

How much profit do you actually see on say a 2 hour session on a couple of tables?
      depends.... you'll either end 5 stacks down, 5 stacks up or about break-even :P . It's all variance really ;) . but in long term you'll be a winner for sure... just improve your game and don't let winning or losing pots stop you from playing your A-game!
    • SoyCD
      SoyCD
      Bronze
      Hey SmitBondz,

The SSS is a nice strategy for building a bankroll - and also a powerful strategy for higher stakes if one puts enough effort into refining it.

If you plan on playing SSS I would suggest #1 using a tracking program (such as the Elephant: http://www.pokerstrategy.com/software/)

Reading the Bronze (and later Silver + Gold strategy articles on it) and to watch videos + attend coachings.

Especially as you move up the stakes the strategy evolves from simple mathematics to include advanced play.

Don't think in profit yet - this shouldn't be your first priority yet.

Best regards
      SoyCD
    • SmitBondz
      SmitBondz
      Bronze
      OK thanks, I, currently using poker tracker