This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

PokerStrategy does not work (online)!

• lhein
      lhein
      Bronze
      ...on the iPoker network (eg Mansion Poker), since good hands are dealt in clusters. If you have a good hand, there is 90% that there is another in the deal especially towards the end stage of their tourneys. If you are the shortest stack in the hand, you then have 1% to make it - no matter what the hand (AK against and AJ call is a good example, AA vs 88 is another)

So, if you want to make it through the end stage: push with ridiculous hands, since you are then pretty sure that there are no other good hands in the deal. That is: completely opposite to the PokerStrategy.

I do agree on the priciples of the PokerStrategy. Live I think they are excellent and really do work, but they does not work in the setting of the iPoker network! So if you have the choice: choose another network!!!!
  • 4 replies
    • Berzerger
      Berzerger
      Bronze
      And your proof, other than 3-4 tournaments you've been unlucky in?
    • redskwerl
      redskwerl
      Black
      awesome!
    • TheBrood
      TheBrood
      Bronze
      Originally posted by lhein
      ...on the iPoker network (eg Mansion Poker), since good hands are dealt in clusters. If you have a good hand, there is 90% that there is another in the deal especially towards the end stage of their tourneys. If you are the shortest stack in the hand, you then have 1% to make it - no matter what the hand (AK against and AJ call is a good example, AA vs 88 is another)

So, if you want to make it through the end stage: push with ridiculous hands, since you are then pretty sure that there are no other good hands in the deal. That is: completely opposite to the PokerStrategy.

I do agree on the priciples of the PokerStrategy. Live I think they are excellent and really do work, but they does not work in the setting of the iPoker network! So if you have the choice: choose another network!!!!
      Actually whats happening is that you are playing too tight and bust out when an aggro player with a much bigger stack sucks out on you.
    • kingdippy2008
      kingdippy2008
      Bronze
      Originally posted by lhein
      ...on the iPoker network (eg Mansion Poker), since good hands are dealt in clusters.
      Ive stopped reading there.