PokerStrategy does not work (online)!

• lhein
      lhein
      Bronze
      ...on the iPoker network (eg Mansion Poker), since good hands are dealt in clusters. If you have a good hand, there is 90% that there is another in the deal especially towards the end stage of their tourneys. If you are the shortest stack in the hand, you then have 1% to make it - no matter what the hand (AK against and AJ call is a good example, AA vs 88 is another)

So, if you want to make it through the end stage: push with ridiculous hands, since you are then pretty sure that there are no other good hands in the deal. That is: completely opposite to the PokerStrategy.

I do agree on the priciples of the PokerStrategy. Live I think they are excellent and really do work, but they does not work in the setting of the iPoker network! So if you have the choice: choose another network!!!!
  • 4 replies
    • Berzerger
      Berzerger
      Bronze
      And your proof, other than 3-4 tournaments you've been unlucky in?
    • redskwerl
      redskwerl
      Black
      awesome!
    • TheBrood
      TheBrood
      Bronze
      Originally posted by lhein
      ...on the iPoker network (eg Mansion Poker), since good hands are dealt in clusters. If you have a good hand, there is 90% that there is another in the deal especially towards the end stage of their tourneys. If you are the shortest stack in the hand, you then have 1% to make it - no matter what the hand (AK against and AJ call is a good example, AA vs 88 is another)

So, if you want to make it through the end stage: push with ridiculous hands, since you are then pretty sure that there are no other good hands in the deal. That is: completely opposite to the PokerStrategy.

I do agree on the priciples of the PokerStrategy. Live I think they are excellent and really do work, but they does not work in the setting of the iPoker network! So if you have the choice: choose another network!!!!
      Actually whats happening is that you are playing too tight and bust out when an aggro player with a much bigger stack sucks out on you.
    • kingdippy2008
      kingdippy2008
      Bronze
      Originally posted by lhein
      ...on the iPoker network (eg Mansion Poker), since good hands are dealt in clusters.
      Ive stopped reading there.