Hi all!!

• luxurious88
      luxurious88
      Bronze
      Hi guys, I am from Singapore and i am currently waiting for my military service. At the meantime decided to play and try to improve my poker play online. Managed to stumble across pokerstrategy by chance and now i am waiting for my free deposit.
      Since i am new with online poker, i did not know which poker platform to choose initially. After reading all the different threads here, i think i have chosen chosen the wrong one. =( Chosen pacific poker and from what i see, very few members here play there.
      Now i just wanna try out the SSS to see if it works. if it does for me then i intend to open another account with pokerstars.
      All the best guys and wish u guys luck at the tables.
      Luxurious88
  • 6 replies
    • TheBu11d0g
      TheBu11d0g
      Bronze
      Hello luxurious88,

Congratulations on passing the test and becoming part of PokerStrategy.

I would suggest you use your time wisely whilst waiting for the starting capital to arrive by reading the beginner articles and videos, especially the Bankroll Management section as this is a very important area of your poker learning.

Good luck,
      -Steve
    • EagleStar88
      EagleStar88
      Bronze
      Originally posted by TheBu11d0g
      Hello luxurious88,

Congratulations on passing the test and becoming part of PokerStrategy.

I would suggest you use your time wisely whilst waiting for the starting capital to arrive by reading the beginner articles and videos, especially the Bankroll Management section as this is a very important area of your poker learning.

Good luck,
      -Steve
      +1

Welcome to PokerStrategy luxurious88,

You'll find us all friendly and eager to help each other here. Make good use of the community forum and all the strategy guides/coaching/videos etc available to you.

Good to see you, wishing you every success.

Bart
    • SoyCD
      SoyCD
      Bronze
      Welcome luxurious88!

Pacific isn't a bad choice. Although it has lower traffic and not the most beginner friendly software - it is the most fishiest site around. Therefore its a perfect place to start off with tight aggressive play (since its perfect against the loose fish there).

Once you have built a nice bankroll you can always cash it out and move it to another one of our partner rooms :)

Best regards
      SoyCD
    • luxurious88
      luxurious88
      Bronze
      HIHI, i just received my deposit. Thanks pokerstrategy! =)

Thanks guys for your advice. i will bear it in mind and am gonna stick closely with the SSS. will update u guys on my progress.

Thanks all! =) take care.
    • luxurious88
      luxurious88
      Bronze
      Hi guys, greetings.

i am currently sticking religiously to the SSS on pacific poker and i have seen a tiny increase of 3 dollars after 2 days. but i guess this is how it works, slow and steady.

However i realise that the SSS is more of just following whatever the textbook says without havin to think much on my own. So i wonder how far can the SSS take me to? In higher limit games when opponents are stronger than those in lower limit games, can this strategy still work? Should i incorporate the SSS with other strategy as i climb higher(if everything goes well)

Hmmm. really curious.
    • TheBu11d0g
      TheBu11d0g
      Bronze
      Hello luxurious88,

As you earn more SPs and move move up through the ranks of silver, gold etc you will have access to more articles, videos and coachings that will show and teach new strategies that you can add to the basic SSS that will enable you carry on playing SSS right on through to the higher limits such as NL200 and NL400.

So make sure that you understand and implement the Basic SSS 100% as this is what the other articles are based on with with some tweaks here and now, like playing with stats, steals and re-steals etc.

Kind Regards,
      -Steve