This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

8 Days till pay day!

• greatpk
      greatpk
      Bronze
      Hi and welcome to this small thread that will last 8 days.
      As you can read in the title, I have to wait 8 days till my pay day. The sad thing is that I am completely broke without a single cent in my pocket. So I remember I had like 3$ in my pokerstars account and I decided to try to make some cash out from it to buy some food. Right now all I have left is pack of Lipton tea and 2 packs of biscuits. So that's pretty much my dinner for the today and tomorrow LOL. So my goal is to get to 14$ tonight, so I can withdraw 10$ which I will receive most likely on Monday's morning, and there will be 4$ left to play with. I am not sure how I will post here yet, but I will do a daily recap of my progress and maybe a short update after each session, but I am still thinking about it. My balance is 2.95$ at the moment so my goal by the end of the night is 14$. So I need to win like 5.5 Buy ins in couple of hours. I think it is do able and hopefully I won't bust.
      It will be quite stressful run for sure, as I will be playing with scared money, but I must succeed as this is the only option honestly. You might ask why don't you just borrow some money from some one? Well I don't really have anyone to lend me some cash and I do believe in my self that I can make it.
      Hopefully some one finds this interesting to follow as I will be doing this ''challenge'' for maximum 8 days. Hopefully I won't bust on first session LOL.
      So Let the Grind Begin!
  • 4 replies
    • tonypmm
      tonypmm
      Silver
      Oh wow, this grind is more extreme in relative terms than my last 2 end-month grinds were :f_eek:

I'm not a cash gamer - I'd play $0.25 Spin & Gos or 45-man SnGs - but I imagine it's possible to earn $11 in a night of NL2-5 grind too.

:gl:

As for the mindset... remember that this experience will make you less afraid of death, and that the shortest way of learning to swim is to throw yourself in the water. At least in my case, most of the fear was before the starts of sessions; once I launched enough tables, all my thoughts would be in-game decisions. Fortunately, there's simply no time for ruminations during mass multitabling. It's like a fight-or-flight response (fight in our case).

Healthwise, try taking cold showers when you feel groggy. Caffeine doesn't do any good - it only increases the performance anxiety.
    • greatpk
      greatpk
      Bronze
      Hi guys, sorry for not updating, as I busted my bankroll 2 hours after posting this thread :D
      I was so tilted about loosing with top set on shove on flop for 300BB that I just didn't had motivation to update this thread. Its all good guys I did survived the starving. I had an amazing college that borrowed me some money.
      How ever I need to do something in poker just to prove my self that it was a unlucky hand. So my goal is to start with 10$ deposit and see how far I can get. I will be playing cash games and hopefully I will make lets say 30$ till the end of the month. So pretty much week and a half left to make it happen, so lets see.
      I promise I will post an update this time even if I fail. I know alot of players that take the game seriously they will tell me setting money wised goals is not proper mind set etc. etc. I just want to do it for fun and test my own luck and skill. If I make it to 30$ I will go for 100$ till the end of the next month and so on. If I fail I will just say thank you poker and probably lets see each other after a while.

In case if any one is actually reading this, please post a comment whether you think I will succeed or I will fail. I can tell you right away I am not a good poker player for sure. I am lets say below average.

Also should I create a blog or keep posting here?
    • Thiamtan
      Thiamtan
      Bronze
      good luck hope the be more good now and always good to try
    • Zheelvern
      Zheelvern
      Bronze
      I wanted to say great work, nicely done, but:

Originally posted by greatpk
      Hi guys, sorry for not updating, as I busted my bankroll 2 hours after posting this thread :D
      Ouch 😬