Stack
      Hero:
      $0.40
      BB:
      $0.44
      BU:
      $1.44

0.01/0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is SB with K:spade: , A:diamond:
      6 folds, BU calls $0.02, Hero raises to $0.10, BB raises to $0.18, BU calls $0.16, Hero raises to $0.40 (All-In), BB calls $0.22, BU calls $0.22.

Final Pot: $1.28

Thoughts:
      - First raise was a standard 4BB + 1BB raise.
      - I am then reraised and there is a coldcall from the limper.
      - Is my push ok here? Do I have any fold equity and what sort of equity does AK have against two opponents?

Could you please present two answers one for these players stats (this is NL2) and one when both players are standard TAG's at a higher limit?
  • 6 replies
    • Schnitzelfisch
      Schnitzelfisch
      Bronze
      Hello!

Your push is ok :) .

This is similar to a squeeze... it's definetely +EV :) . As for the stats, it's a pretty small sample, can't really use them :( . But we see that BB's VPIP is like 5 so he is likely to have a good hand, like TT+/AK. But since there is a cold caller with huge VPIP, you only need 30% equity and i think you have about 40% if not more here, so ship it :) .

Now the situation with two players being standard TAGs at a higher limit: It's not likely to happen since a TAG won't open limp from BU then cold call a 3 bet ;) .
    • burek2000
      burek2000
      Bronze
      Your sample size is too small for any sophisticated calculations or putting villains on ranges and besides, this is NL2 meaning you can see them holding literally anything and therefore just stick to basic strategy and shove like you did. Nh.
    • Smileyphil
      Smileyphil
      Bronze
      I see what you mean about the situation not occuring with TAG's but I am playing NL2 to try and identify any leaks I have before moving up the limits. From this point of view I would like to try and ignore the fact that the fish at this level could be playing anything and instead consider whether the move is effective against tougher opponents.
    • burek2000
      burek2000
      Bronze
      It's hard to give you some hypothetical answer about some situation against tougher players in same situation, because also good players differ a lot between each other and you would need to provide us more info and specific situation to give you an answer.

If you want to learn how to play in tougher spots I advice you to take a look of some posted hands from higher limits on the forum, from actual plays and you will see how to play against each type of opponents and what stats are important and how calculations are made etc.

Or try to beat those limits as fast as possible and move up and provide us with your hands that caused you trouble. There's no other way to learn but to play some hands also against tougher opponents.
    • Smileyphil
      Smileyphil
      Bronze
      Ok I see your point Burek. Thanks for the advice. My bankroll is actually good enough for NL5 but I am not entirely convinced about the SSS yet so I am keeping it risk free for now.
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Hi phil,

On Nanolimits (NL2) I cannot distinguish player into categories ''Bad'' and ''Good'' since the Good players will play on NL10++ therefore I never fold JJ+,AK+ after a Raise behind you as BB did.

In this case you can look at the stack : raise ratio and you see that you even can shove with TT & AQ :)

Best regards,
      Gerv