Bronze
      Hello rullarunt,

What platform are you playing SSS on?

Kind Regards,
      -Steve
    • rullarunt
      rullarunt
      Bronze
      I was going to try out the SSS on full tilt while waiting for my $50 on IPoker network.

I haven't been able to find a single table where there is max 2 other short stacks.
      Hopefully the Ipoker network is different but what should I do if it's same there?
    • TheBu11d0g
      TheBu11d0g
      Bronze
      Hello rullarunt,

One piece of advice i can give you is that not all short stacks are playing the SSS. They are just buying in for the minimum and are beatable. You just need to watch them during play and try to take plenty of notes on them for future use.

Hope this helps in some way.

Kind Regards,
      -Steve
    • rullarunt
      rullarunt
      Bronze
      Also two more questions, Does a min raise someone before me does count as a raise to this strat?
      so if someone min-raises before me should I only play JJ, QQ, KK, AA and AK

Why is this strat better for a short stack?
      I mean if we're going to be sitting around for a 100 hands waiting for pocket aces then why not have a bigger stack for more profit?

Only reason I can think of is that you can have much more multitables open as a short stack.
    • TheBu11d0g
      TheBu11d0g
      Bronze
      Hello rullarunt,

Min-raises are just treated as two limpers, so if you are playing NL10, a player in EP min-raises 0.20, then you just raise 0.60 (4BB + 2BB for the min-raise).

The strategy has been proven to give you a mathematical edge when you play as suggested. I copied the following from the Basic SSS article:

"This strategy is based on the principle that it is possible to follow a strategy based on probability and poker theory, that cannot be beaten when used under the right circumstances. No matter how good your opponents are, they won't be able to stop you."

Kind Regards,
      -Steve