$0.78
      BB:
      $2.00
      UTG2:
      $2.49
      Hero:
      $0.40

0.01/0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with A:diamond: , Q:heart:
      UTG2 calls $0.02, Hero raises to $0.10, 4 folds, SB calls $0.09, BB calls $0.08, UTG2 calls $0.08.

Flop: ($0.40) Q:diamond: , 9:club: , J:heart: (4 players)
      SB bets $0.04, BB calls $0.04, UTG2 raises to $0.12, Hero raises to $0.30 (All-In), SB calls $0.26, BB folds, UTG2 calls $0.18.

Final Pot: $2.10

Thoughts:
      - Preflop is standard by the chart. I manage to get 3 callers which is hard to manage.
      - Pick up TPTK on flop but I am worried about possibility of straight/two pair hands here. Also by the action before me. Nothing terribly strong but several people seem to want to remain in the pot.
      - Should I push and protect my TPTK here or is someone usually ahead of me already?
  • 4 replies
    • mishuq
      mishuq
      Bronze
      I see it as a good shove here. don't know if they just got lucky and flopped some monsters (that would be predictable in certain situations on micro limits as calling stations and donks won't fold too many hands if they set their minds on seeing the flop) but 2 players (2 donk bets) are +EV for your TPTK here. also no flush draw, so harder to have hit smth big most of the time.nh
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Hi Phil,

Can you buy in for $0.4 @ NL2 to play SSS? dont you think its more profitable to start on NL10 with around $50~?? Or is your bankroll slinking to like 20$?

As played, well easiest shove with TPTK , if he flopped a straight that's a cooler ;)

- Gerv
    • Smileyphil
      Smileyphil
      Bronze
      I tried NL25 and chickened out after losing a few coinflips so I'm building my confidence up slowly. I will move up the limits fairly quickly back to at least NL10 just trying to make sure I'm playing proper without losing all my bankroll!

Ok thanks for the info. I was worried that I had overplayed it on the flop. I figured against standard raises there might be a few two pairs, straights out there. But equally they could have trash.

I have a blog if your interested.
      Smiley Blog
    • mishuq
      mishuq
      Bronze
      just make sure you always play on limits you're comfortable with. and that's what you should achieve if respecting brm, but over caution can't do much harm if you're looking to build up your confidence. good luck ;)