New to FL! What Site?

    • Verre
      Verre
      Bronze
      Joined: 24.02.2009 Posts: 708
      Hey all,

      I'm new to fixed limit and i'm wondering what site i should play on. Full tilt is out of the question because i have an account there that is not tracked. I play at Pokerstars right now but I'm not sure if it is worth it because there is no rakeback (but I like the speed SH tables). I didn't like Titan/Mansion layout to be honest with you.

      I'm leaning towards staying on Pokerstars but if rakeback is worth it (expecially on higher limits) it may be worth it to move my roll.
  • 22 replies
    • CoreySteel
      CoreySteel
      Bronze
      Joined: 25.10.2006 Posts: 3,366
      Just looking for a rakeback is a mistake.
      PokerStars has one of the lowest rake around and when you will reach higher limits its VIP club is priceless.
    • Verre
      Verre
      Bronze
      Joined: 24.02.2009 Posts: 708
      Yeah was thinking the same about the VIP club. I've played on PS for quite a while now.

      As for you Corey, after reading your blog a few days back it was the reason i went and played FL at the casino and won $421 bucks. Thats what made me start playing FL. I'm just going to dump some of my live bankroll into my PS account and start playing .25/.50.
    • CoreySteel
      CoreySteel
      Bronze
      Joined: 25.10.2006 Posts: 3,366
      Well that's nice :P

      I guess your thoughts were "if this donk can win, I can do it too"!
      Right? :)
    • Waiboy
      Waiboy
      Bronze
      Joined: 18.09.2008 Posts: 4,877
      Originally posted by CoreySteel
      I guess your thoughts were "if this donk can win, I can do it too"!
      Right? :)
      It is difficult logic to argue against. :P
    • Verre
      Verre
      Bronze
      Joined: 24.02.2009 Posts: 708
      As much as I would like to say it was that, it wasn't :P

      I'm a math major not because I like it, but just because I'm great at it. I find FL much easier because I can work out my all my odds quickly and I'm priced in more often to win big pots.

      I will probubly start a blog in a few weeks as well. It will help me keep track of everything better. I need to unlock Elephant before I do that but I'm only 35 points away at the moment so that will only take a week or so.

      As for the site, I'm going to stick with pokerstars. I want that Porsche. Also, first three days of playing and I'm up $38 playing .25/.50 for just over 3.2BB/100. I still find leaks and I need to read all the articles here on FL.
    • Schnitzelfisch
      Schnitzelfisch
      Bronze
      Joined: 08.11.2008 Posts: 4,952
      Originally posted by Verre
      As much as I would like to say it was that, it wasn't :P

      I'm a math major not because I like it, but just because I'm great at it. I find FL much easier because I can work out my all my odds quickly and I'm priced in more often to win big pots.

      I will probubly start a blog in a few weeks as well. It will help me keep track of everything better. I need to unlock Elephant before I do that but I'm only 35 points away at the moment so that will only take a week or so.

      As for the site, I'm going to stick with pokerstars. I want that Porsche. Also, first three days of playing and I'm up $38 playing .25/.50 for just over 3.2BB/100. I still find leaks and I need to read all the articles here on FL.
      porsche cayman is shit, only 2 seats :( . rather use it for bonuses, build up BR faster, move up limits and buy a porsche carrera for 100k$ :P . or audi R8 is nice too...
    • Verre
      Verre
      Bronze
      Joined: 24.02.2009 Posts: 708
      MMM Audi R8. If that thing had 500+ Horses i would buy one from my day job $ or more investments. FL is hilarious for PS points. I cant amagine how easy they will come at .50/1 or 1/2. It seems for every hand over 8 bucks i'm getting .5 of a point.
    • opal99
      opal99
      Black
      Joined: 05.02.2008 Posts: 8,270
      I'd say Stars or Party... Stars on lower limits has no VIP offers, so it's maybe worth to play Party for a while, clear deposit bonus and then move to Stars on 0.5/1 - 1/2.. These are limits when you start to earn some points.

      Originally posted by Verre
      FL is hilarious for PS points. I cant amagine how easy they will come at .50/1 or 1/2. It seems for every hand over 8 bucks i'm getting .5 of a point.
      Well, play 5/10 and you'll get 1 point for 1 hand ;)
    • Schnitzelfisch
      Schnitzelfisch
      Bronze
      Joined: 08.11.2008 Posts: 4,952
      Originally posted by Verre
      MMM Audi R8. If that thing had 500+ Horses i would buy one from my day job $ or more investments. FL is hilarious for PS points. I cant amagine how easy they will come at .50/1 or 1/2. It seems for every hand over 8 bucks i'm getting .5 of a point.
      5.2 FSI V10 has 518 horse powers ;) .
    • opal99
      opal99
      Black
      Joined: 05.02.2008 Posts: 8,270
      S8 is MUCH better.. 5.2 FSI too but only 450 HP.. well, but you can take more than 1 girl with you :P
    • Verre
      Verre
      Bronze
      Joined: 24.02.2009 Posts: 708
      More seats = more people buming rides. The R8 does 302 KMs per hour which is nice. It handles like a dream. But the Porsche has much more potential if you know how to work on cars.

      The R8 is basically souped to the teeth and you wont get any more out of it, where as the Porsche has no problems pumping (dont laugh I have seen it on a dyno) 1200 Horsepower and still drive nice on the street.
    • TTT241
      TTT241
      Bronze
      Joined: 27.09.2008 Posts: 452
      Yep, on 0.5/1 you get like 17VPP/100 hands, on 1/2 like 30-33 VPP/100 hands.

      As goldstar you get 19% rakeback. And as platinum star 27%... and that is in my oppinion on $1/2 doable.


      TTT
    • Schnitzelfisch
      Schnitzelfisch
      Bronze
      Joined: 08.11.2008 Posts: 4,952
      Originally posted by TTT241
      Yep, on 0.5/1 you get like 17VPP/100 hands, on 1/2 like 30-33 VPP/100 hands.

      As goldstar you get 19% rakeback. And as platinum star 27%... and that is in my oppinion on $1/2 doable.


      TTT
      27% as platinumstar? i'm sure it's much more than that... could you show the calculation please?
    • Verre
      Verre
      Bronze
      Joined: 24.02.2009 Posts: 708
      By rakeback do you mean the bonuses you can buy? I was under the understanding PS did not give rakeback at any level. They only unlocked buyable bonuses that require unlocking.
    • opal99
      opal99
      Black
      Joined: 05.02.2008 Posts: 8,270
      Originally posted by Verre
      By rakeback do you mean the bonuses you can buy? I was under the understanding PS did not give rakeback at any level. They only unlocked buyable bonuses that require unlocking.
      Exactly :)
    • opal99
      opal99
      Black
      Joined: 05.02.2008 Posts: 8,270
      Originally posted by Primzi
      Originally posted by TTT241
      Yep, on 0.5/1 you get like 17VPP/100 hands, on 1/2 like 30-33 VPP/100 hands.

      As goldstar you get 19% rakeback. And as platinum star 27%... and that is in my oppinion on $1/2 doable.


      TTT
      27% as platinumstar? i'm sure it's much more than that... could you show the calculation please?
      It's less on 3/6 (around 24%), so I doubt it's higher on lower limits.

      78 VPP / 100 hands * 2.5 multiplier * 0.016 $/FPP (as SN bonuses) / 6 (BB) / 2.18 BB/100 rake = 23.8%
    • Verre
      Verre
      Bronze
      Joined: 24.02.2009 Posts: 708
      Can you have more than one bonus open at a time or do you have to clear one before starting the next? In the end it probubly wont matter. Also, is it worth it to buy the gold one on your way up or should you save them?

      It would only matter if you could only have one bonus open at a time, otherwise you would just save them to buy a bunch of bonuses at higher levels.
    • opal99
      opal99
      Black
      Joined: 05.02.2008 Posts: 8,270
      You can have as many active bonuses as you like, but it's not important imo.

      The best you can do is to save them for SN $4000 bonus which is worth $0.016/FPP (Platinum is 0.013 and gold even lower rate). If you're going to play for Platinum, you'll get to SN for sure sooner or later.
    • TTT241
      TTT241
      Bronze
      Joined: 27.09.2008 Posts: 452
      I did computation on how much VPP you get per level... I am sure that it is not completely accurate...

      I think I used same way as you do... e.g.

      FL 1/2 SH, 38VPP/100, maximum bonus you can buy as Platinum is $650 for 50,000 VPP, you need to play approx. 52600 hands (50000/2.5/38*100) for it, that is 526*2.4*$2 = $2525 in rake.

      So rakeback is 650/2525 = 25.7%

      I might used little different numbers in my calculation... so it might worry a little +- couple of %.

      On rake comparison between Stars and Party:

      If you compare rake on Stars and Party on 0.5/1, Party is terrible

      0.5/1 FR Party: 1.73 BB/100 Stars: 1.8BB/100
      0.5/1 SH Party: 3.31 BB/100 Stars: 2.62 BB/100
      1/2 FR Party: 1.57BB/100 Stars: 1.48BB/100
      1/2 SH Party: 2.69 BB/100 Stars: 2.22BB/100

      Interestingly you get on Party less Party points on SH tables for higher rake...
      BTW on Party you get approximately same amout of party points for both 0.5/1 and 1/2 (little less for 1/2) - 10 for every 57 raked hands...

      P.S.: I should not reloded this thread, I was planning sleep at least for an hour this time...
      P.P.S.: Just put it into the calc, for 50,000 FPP (as platinum) you have to generate rake $3350... so rakeback is lower...
    • 1
    • 2