[NL20-NL50] SH NL20 35 very loose play

• Alan883
      Alan883
      Bronze
      Hey again!

Here i have one strange hand.
      If more then one or two player limps and i am on BB or SB and BTN i started to call sometimes very worthless preflop hands. I just realized that if i hit good flop i can extract much value. And in case if i dont hit anything further play is very easy. (c/f)
      Here is one of them.

I dont know exactly if i can be proud on that hand or not:) )

Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.20(BB) Pacific
      SB ($13.80)
      Hero ($19.60)
      UTG ($28.99)
      CO ($59.07)
      BTN ($35.67)

Dealt to Hero 5:club: 3:diamond:

UTG calls $0.20, CO raises to $0.40, BTN calls $0.40, fold, Hero calls $0.20, UTG calls $0.20,

FLOP ($1.70) 7:spade: 3:spade: 9:club:

check, check, CO bets $0.40, BTN calls $0.40, Hero calls $0.40, UTG folds,

TURN ($2.90) 7:spade: 3:spade: 9:club: 5:diamond:

check, CO bets $1.80, BTN calls $1.80, Hero raises to $7, CO calls $5.20, BTN folds,

RIVER ($18.70) 7:spade: 3:spade: 9:club: 5:diamond: T:diamond:

Hero bets $11.80, CO folds,
  • 2 replies
    • darkonebg
      darkonebg
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hello,
      It is indeed sometimes good to call for odds with such hands, but you should have some criteria - suitedness, connectivity(5-3 is bad as its too low and cant flop a lot of straights), some kind of kicker(you wont know where you are even if you flop trips as your kicker will suck.So in other worlds, you have to hit perfect, and for 1:6 Im folding such trash.
      FOlding flop is another easy thing.The two 5s aren't save outs, and the 3s wont give you any additional value against hands you beat.Therefore fold flop.
      You get your two pair on turn, but you still have a mediocre hand.Better two pair, a straight with the 68 or a flopped set by CO is still possible.I dont see a good line, since raise/fold would be weak,raise/call would be overplaying, flatcalling doesnt let your protect.I guess If I got this far I would flatcall it and hope for a safe card on the river(there arent many).
      I'd c/c this river 100% of the time.You are basically ahead only against his busted FD, which wont call you, but may bet if you check. Even more, you are isolating yourself against stronger hands - No weaker hand will call your river bet, and you wont be able to fold against his stronger ones as you made the pot too big with a pretty marginal hand.
      Hope that answers your question.

Best regards,
      darkonebg

[size=10]If you have any further questions about this hand,
      dont hesitate to ask them in this thread,
      and dont forget to click the "Advise the judge of taking another look " button in the reply form.[/size]
    • Alan883
      Alan883
      Bronze
      Thank you very much.

The answer was great i wont call this trash any more :)

I just needed confirmation that i was wrong:)