This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] NL20 AJo

• Fongie
      Fongie
      Bronze
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy hand converter:

Known players:
      MP3:
      $23.26
      CO:
      $7.70
      BU:
      $16.80
      SB:
      $33.15
      BB:
      $7.00
      MP2:
      $13.90

$0.1/$0.2 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)

Preflop: Hero is SB with A, J.
      MP2 folds, MP3 raises to $0.8, 2 folds, Hero raises to $2.4, BB folds, MP3 calls $1.60.

Flop: ($5.00) J, 5, 5 (2 players)
      Hero bets $3.00, MP3 raises to $7.2, Hero folds, MP3 gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $8.00.
  • 3 replies
    • TribunCaesar
      TribunCaesar
      Bronze
      If you want to fold a tptk why 3betting then? Calling OOP is an option. As played I call and c/c down.

Best regards,
      TribunCaesar
    • Fongie
      Fongie
      Bronze
      Alright! I just seem to have a bit of a hard time playing postflop after calling OOP with a hand like this which is why I like 3betting. Then again it seems I cant play it postflop when 3betting either :D

Say that I called and this flop hit. How would you play postflop (villain pretty much unknown but seems reasonable). Would you call down 3 barrels? Raise(/fold?) flop? Call flop raise turn? I just don't know what would be the standard line on such a flop.

Ty for answer :)
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      It sucks, because you're oop, I would likely just shove on the flop.
      Although call and then evaluating on the turn is also fine
      Some players would raise with bluff a lot of times with middle pp, some would do it with Jx and also call for shove, some with overpair QQ-AA and you sometimes see there trips.
      Because your hand, consider your 3-bet range is very strong on that board and players would like to make moves on paired boards, then shove is likely the best.