This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] NL20SH TP king kicker

• Volrath89
      Volrath89
      Bronze
      Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      SB:
      $27,19
      Hero:
      $19,70

0,1/0,2 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is CO with K:spade: , J:diamond:
      2 folds, Hero raises to $0,80, BU folds, SB calls $0,70, BB folds.

Flop: ($1,80) 6:heart: , J:spade: , 5:spade: (2 players)
      SB bets $1,20, Hero calls $1,20.

Turn: ($4,20) 9:club: (2 players)
      SB bets $3,00, Hero folds.

Final Pot: $7,20

Preflop: Easy open raise.

Flop: I'm not so happy with my play, I think re raising him could have been better?. There are not many reads, but his AF is very high and his WTS is not that high, so I think he is capable of folding here... anyway I just called.

Turn: The 9c doesn't change the board, so if I was ahead on the flop I'm still ahead, however I folded.. I think if I was going to fold I should have done it on the flop, right?.. And as played what was the best turn play?
  • 1 reply
    • darkonebg
      darkonebg
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hello,
      The hand sample of him is too small to make complex postflop decisions.
      Since he might be donk/shoving some kind of draw, against such players i prefer to flat call, especially with the spades redraw.If you raise him you will have to go through with your read and call the shove,and its kinda overplaying against a basically unknown player.just folding is very weak, makes no sence to raise KJo in order to fold a TPGK.
      Once called, you cant just fold on such board. It completes 87, but other than that, nothing has changed.Call turn and reevaluate river.
      I think the new article is suitable for this case, be sure to read and understand it.
      http://www.pokerstrategy.com/strategy/no-limit/1459/

Best regards,
      darkonebg

[size=10]If you have any further questions about this hand,
      dont hesitate to ask them in this thread,
      and dont forget to click the "Advise the judge of taking another look " button in the reply form.[/size]