This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Straight on mono board with the Nutflushblocker otr

• Mascherano95
      Mascherano95
      Bronze
      PokerStars - $0.05 PL Hi FAST (6 max) - Omaha Hi - 6 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

BTN: 872.2 BB (VPIP: 25.00, PFR: 12.50, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 9)
      SB: 181 BB (VPIP: 50.00, PFR: 0.00, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 4)
      BB: 116.8 BB (VPIP: 28.42, PFR: 21.58, 3Bet Preflop: 7.67, Hands: 750)
      UTG: 133.6 BB (VPIP: 50.00, PFR: 33.33, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 6)
      MP: 168.8 BB (VPIP: 31.62, PFR: 17.65, 3Bet Preflop: 1.82, Hands: 138)
      Hero (CO): 203 BB

SB posts SB 0.4 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.4 BB) Hero has 7:club: K:diamond: A:spade: T:diamond:

fold, fold, Hero raises to 3.4 BB, fold, SB calls 3 BB, fold

Flop: (7.8 BB, 2 players) 2:spade: 3:spade: Q:spade:
      SB checks, Hero bets 4 BB, SB raises to 8 BB, Hero raises to 14 BB, SB calls 6 BB

Turn: (35.8 BB, 2 players) J:club:
      SB checks, Hero bets 17 BB, SB calls 17 BB

River: (69.8 BB, 2 players) K:spade:
      SB checks, Hero ?

Bluff pot or try to realize SDV? Do I have SDV here?

checks

SB shows 8:spade: 9:spade: A:diamond: 5:heart: (Flush, King High)
      (Pre 42%, Flop 100%, Turn 100%)
      Hero mucks 7:club: K:diamond: A:spade: T:diamond: (Straight, Ace High)
      (Pre 58%, Flop 0%, Turn 0%)
      SB wins 67 BB
  • 8 replies
    • SDK1987
      SDK1987
      Not sure why you would min 3bet on the flop. I would earlier call or fold against a fishy player.

As played the bet on the turn is to much as well I think. I doubt you let him fold a flush and I expect he has that often here and that's the problem on the river as well and I would give up as PLO fish.

Cheers,
      SDK1987
    • Kyyberi
      Kyyberi
      Coach
      Coach
      Forget that you have As blocker and think you would have the nut flush. How would you play it here?

As played, check the river. If he has the flush, he isn't folding it. If he has the set, you win.
    • Mascherano95
      Mascherano95
      Bronze
      @SDK1987 I have a cheap re-bluff if villain is bluffing. I can do the same with the nutflush, so the line basically makes sense. If I call it is more difficult to actually rep the nutflush and bluff him out ott.

@Kyyberi I would bet the nutflush otr either halfpot or 2/3 pot depending how I estimate villains calling-range elasticity.
    • efkay
      efkay
      Bronze
      @Mascherano: you dont pot turn with nf?
      @ll: everybody is fine with trying to reresteal with nfblocker on plo5 vs fish mincheckraise?
    • Kyyberi
      Kyyberi
      Coach
      Coach
      Once he calls your small re-raise on the flop, his range is sets and flushes. If you bet half a pot on the turn, you give sets direct odds and therefore don't make money in the long run against sets with that bet. Bet bigger on the turn. Also if you have the nutflush, bet slightly bigger. No one folds a flush in PLO5.

On the river you beat his sets, and he isn't folding a flush. Check back.

My advice is that don't make Ace-blocker bluffs at PLO25 or lower. People just don't fold flushes. I have tried it sooooooo many times and stopped doing it as no one folds flushes and you get often called with sets and straights.
    • efkay
      efkay
      Bronze
      I also began to be veryselective with blocker bluffs. thats why i asked. I tend to tell myself: ahwell, this fish wont fold, forget about wasting a stack. keep that for the regs not the recreationals imho
    • Kyyberi
      Kyyberi
      Coach
      Coach
      At micros regs wont fold flushes either. Save your money and don't do Ace-blocker bluffs. You will lose to them more than you will make people fold better hands.
    • Mascherano95
      Mascherano95
      Bronze
      Ok I summarize, the turn-bluff bet is a mistake. river is a check for sdv.

@efkay I'm not pottin turn when I might have here other flushes beside the nutflush. I could have let's say the second-nutflushdraw aswell. I also feel, I'm gettin much more calls by weak flushes and non-flushes when I don't bet pot here which make that sizing more profitable overall. When I reach the river I can split my sizing into a potsize bet (mix in nutblocker play now vs regulars) where I have nutflushes only and a smaller merged range (non-nutflushes, bluffs and a very few nutflushes for balance purposes or when villain tends to be auto-aggressive blocker bets) so I make a tokenbet.

About the min-bluffcheck-raise .. ye that move is pretty dubious against the callhappy fish, but well, it is cheap and I see them folding from time to time.

@Kyyberi. Yes you are right, my turn-sizing is a clear mistake. I should bet here somewhere around 70% pot to deny his sets a profitable call. Whereas when you say no fish is folding a flush, I should bet here pot-pot when I do have the nutflush.