This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL5] Facing river jam with top pair

• Gianzzurri99
      Gianzzurri99
      Bronze
      5NL Ignition, (7 handed)

BB - $3.22
      UTG- $3.85
      UTG+1 - $1.36
      LJ - $11.07
      HJ - $1.45
      CO (Hero) - $10.92
      BU -$6.02

There is no SB in this hand, UTG limps 0.05, folds around to me, I isolate with :Ac: :Jh: to 0.25, BB folds and UTG calls.

FLOP ($0.55): :Ts: :6d: :4d: (2 players)
      UTG checks, I check back

TURN ($0.55): :2s: (2 players)
      UTG bets 0.25, I call

RIVER ($1.05): :Ah: (2 players)
      UTG jams for 3.40, I fold

UTG shows :6h: :5h: , should I be calling here despite the opponents huge shove?? In real time this really felt like he had a big hand and hoped I'd call because the :Ah: hits my range.
  • 3 replies
    • la55i
      la55i
      There is no SB in this hand
      What do you mean there is no SB? If this is no-limit holdem, one guy always posts the SB?

After villain limp calls I would just cbet the flop like 40% pot. Limp callers often play fit or fold and will fold horribly much vs cbets. You have 2 overcards and backdoor gutshots too.
      Limp callers are usually passive guys. Now that he bets OTT we can probably think that he quite likely has something. If could be a draw of course but he could be betting any kind of pair here too. You have an A high and 6 outs to hit A or J, so I'm not sure if you should be calling there.
      Coming from a limper this line looks very strong. You would need to win over 43% of the time, which I don't think is easy. Folding OTR is fine imo.
    • Gianzzurri99
      Gianzzurri99
      Bronze
      Originally posted by la55i
      What do you mean there is no SB? If this is no-limit holdem, one guy always posts the SB?
      This happens sometimes on ignition when the SB leaves as the hand is being dealt, it’s weird, in the hand reviewer there was no SB.
    • MyFloXyBabY
      MyFloXyBabY
      Silver
      Originally posted by Gianzzurri99
      Originally posted by la55i
      This happens sometimes on ignition when the SB leaves as the hand is being dealt, it’s weird, in the hand reviewer there was no SB.

Call Fox Mulder, the truth is out there ! ;)
      The famous case of the missing SB. Something smells fishy here. 8-)

Fine as played but you could also have cbet.