This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL5] QQ vs AA, can I ever get away here?

• Gianzzurri99
      Gianzzurri99
      Bronze
      5NL Ignition (9 handed)

SB - $3.87
      BB - $4.68
      UTG - $7.84
      UTG+1 - $5.89
      UTG +2 - $7.71
      LJ - $4.10
      HJ - $4.93
      CO (Hero) - $5.99
      BU - $4.52

Folds around to HJ who opens for 0.15, I 3-bet to 0.45 with :Qh: :Qs: , BU cold calls the 0.45, the blinds fold and the HJ calls the 0.45 as well.

The button had hardly played a hand all session and seemed like a bit of a Super Nit, so this cold call has me a little worried, but I'd still expect him to 4-bet AA or KK.

FLOP ($1.42) :9d: :2s: :5s: (3 players)
      HJ checks, I bet 1.0, BU calls 1.0, HJ folds

TURN ($3.42): :3d: (2 players)
      I bet 1.5, BU jams for 3.07, I call and he shows :As: :Ac:

The river was a :Js: and I lose the hand, Upon review I feel I should have jammed the turn myself to charge suited broadways drawing to a flush. Please let me know what you all think.
  • 3 replies
    • la55i
      la55i
      If BTN has played just few hands and he is a short stacker, I don't know why you think he looks super nitty, but if he looks super nitty then you should probably fold vs that turn raise.
      If he is super nitty, he probably doesn't cold call a 3bet with that many suited broadways pre, and since you have Qs it makes his flush draws even less likely.

Betting that big OTF and shoving it OTT could be fine against recreational player but I'm not sure if that is the best line against super nits.
    • Gianzzurri99
      Gianzzurri99
      Bronze
      Originally posted by la55i
      If BTN has played just few hands and he is a short stacker, I don't know why you think he looks super nitty, but if he looks super nitty then you should probably fold vs that turn raise.

Betting that big OTF and shoving it OTT could be fine against recreational player but I'm not sure if that is the best line against super nits.
      Sorry I probably didn’t word my description of the opponent that well, I was playing for around 1 hour and in that time he had only entered the pot around 3 times and usually for big preflop raises.

So should I be check/calling the turn? The opponent might shove JJ or TT so I feel like I can’t check/fold.
    • la55i
      la55i
      Ummmh you play probably like 80-100 per hour and if villain had played 3 hands during that time it means his VPIP is like 3%? And now he cold calls a 3bet.
      Maybe you should check already OTF :D