[NL2-NL10] NL10 SH - ATs

• pokeralle
      Known players:

0,05/0,1 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.65 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with T:diamond: , A:diamond:
      MP2 raises to $0,30, 3 folds, SB calls $0,25, Hero calls $0,20.

Flop: ($0,90) 7:diamond: , 9:heart: , K:diamond: (3 players)
      SB bets $0,86, Hero calls $0,86, MP2 folds.

Turn: ($2,62) 3:heart: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $1,50, SB calls $1,50.

River: ($5,62) A:heart: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $2,00, SB calls $2,00.
  • 1 reply
    • Fongie
      Hum hum. I think it is definately an OK squeeze-spot preflop with a rather loose open raiser and a loose passive cold caller (pretty much the ideal spot for a squeeze). However, not doing it on nl10 is ok, then calling is also OK although you need to play it oop.

Flop: SB donks into you. SB looks like the guy who wouldn't donk potsize into you without a hand. You obviously don't get the odds to call here really, but I think this guy is going to pay you off enough to give you the odds (implied). So call is fine.
      The other option is to raise here with your overcard+FD. I don't like that though since you only have 1 OC and probably not much fold-equity since he donks so strong.

Turn: Okay he checks to you. Now, I understand that you saw this as weakness and pounced on it immedliatly, but let's think about this. If this was the PFR in a HU pot, then this bet (also called a float) is standard! However, we're in a raised multiway pot to the flop where a pf CCer donked potsize. We have to give him credit for having a hand. With this line of thought we come to the conclusion that he will not fold on the turn! That's why taking a freecard is better here with your flushdraw.

River: Sweet, you hit the ace! I think a valuebet is in order here to get value from a king. $2 is kinda OK for thin value vs a king, but I'd probably bet a liiittle higher anyway, something like $2.5