This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL10 SH - ATs

• pokeralle
      pokeralle
      Bronze
      Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      SB:
      $11,16
      Hero:
      $10,00
      MP2:
      $9,85

0,05/0,1 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.65 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with T:diamond: , A:diamond:
      MP2 raises to $0,30, 3 folds, SB calls $0,25, Hero calls $0,20.

Flop: ($0,90) 7:diamond: , 9:heart: , K:diamond: (3 players)
      SB bets $0,86, Hero calls $0,86, MP2 folds.

Turn: ($2,62) 3:heart: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $1,50, SB calls $1,50.

River: ($5,62) A:heart: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $2,00, SB calls $2,00.
  • 1 reply
    • Fongie
      Fongie
      Bronze
      Hum hum. I think it is definately an OK squeeze-spot preflop with a rather loose open raiser and a loose passive cold caller (pretty much the ideal spot for a squeeze). However, not doing it on nl10 is ok, then calling is also OK although you need to play it oop.

Flop: SB donks into you. SB looks like the guy who wouldn't donk potsize into you without a hand. You obviously don't get the odds to call here really, but I think this guy is going to pay you off enough to give you the odds (implied). So call is fine.
      The other option is to raise here with your overcard+FD. I don't like that though since you only have 1 OC and probably not much fold-equity since he donks so strong.

Turn: Okay he checks to you. Now, I understand that you saw this as weakness and pounced on it immedliatly, but let's think about this. If this was the PFR in a HU pot, then this bet (also called a float) is standard! However, we're in a raised multiway pot to the flop where a pf CCer donked potsize. We have to give him credit for having a hand. With this line of thought we come to the conclusion that he will not fold on the turn! That's why taking a freecard is better here with your flushdraw.

River: Sweet, you hit the ace! I think a valuebet is in order here to get value from a king. $2 is kinda OK for thin value vs a king, but I'd probably bet a liiittle higher anyway, something like $2.5