SnG Stats

• Kolemate
      Kolemate
      Bronze
      Hello Everyone!

I have a very simple question.
      What do you think the good/correct stats for a SnG player? (I mean VPIP, PRF, AF, WtSD, W@SD, Steal, Fold to Steal SB/BB)

I am just curious about it. :)

Wait for the thoughts.
  • 8 replies
    • cannell555
      cannell555
      Bronze
      Hi Kolemate,

On which blind level do you want to know these stats for?

You should be getting looser more and more the longer the SnG lasts. Therefore the stats change a hell of alot at different stages.

Stats also depend highly on the buyin of the SnG, aswell as the type of SnG.

Not such a simple question ;)

Regards,
      Stiev
    • Kolemate
      Kolemate
      Bronze
      Okay. I admit my drafting was not the best.

I know as well what you said but when you are playing a SnG you start tight and then you loosen up continuously, so there will be avg stats for the whole SnG.

I would just like to know if there are correct avg stats for a SnG player like the CG ones have or it doesn't matter at all.

And if it counts, I play 11$ SnGs.
    • cannell555
      cannell555
      Bronze
      Hey,

The average stats tell us absolutely nothing. 2 people can have the same average stats, and play totally different ranges all the way through.

Regards,
      Stiev
    • AndySk
      AndySk
      Bronze
      more important is ROI and ITM finishes :heart:
    • gaz639
      gaz639
      Bronze
      what sort of stats are good for single table $1 sng's, mainly ITM and ROI?

I'm currently running at 15.74% ROI and 49% ITM, i have only played 157 sng's so its an extremely small sample size but a good guide to go by
    • Kolemate
      Kolemate
      Bronze
      Okay. You answered my question cannell, so it doesn't matter at all. :) :rolleyes:
    • midgetjay
      midgetjay
      Bronze
      Originally posted by gaz639
      I'm currently running at 15.74% ROI and 49% ITM, i have only played 157 sng's so its an extremely small sample size but a good guide to go by
      Honestly, it's not really a good guide to go by at all, I've had upswings, downswings, and breakeven periods that have lasted for well over 100 SnGs. I remember at one point, over the span of 100 SnGs, I had an ROI of 48% at the $2.25s.

But back on topic, stats don't really tell you anything. Unless you had individual stats for each player at each level, they're nothing to be taken advantage of.
    • viewer88
      viewer88
      Bronze
      what you really need is software that shows your opponents' holecards!