This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL25 ATs Freeplay

• dandycal
      dandycal
      Bronze
      Known players:
      Position
      BB
      MP2
      CO
      BU

0,1/0,25 No-Limit Hold'em (7 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is SB with A:diamond: , T:diamond:
      MP1 folds, MP2 calls $0,25, MP3 folds, CO calls $0,25, BU calls $0,25, Hero calls $0,15, BB checks.

Flop: ($1,25) A:club: , J:heart: , K:heart: (5 players)
      Hero checks, BB checks, MP2 checks, CO bets $0,50, BU calls $0,50, Hero raises to $4,50 (All-In), 2 folds, CO calls $4,00, BU folds.

Turn: ($10,75) 3:diamond:
      River: ($10,75) 9:diamond: (2 players)

Final Pot: $10,75

What would you do and why?

My thoughts were: It is possible that someonelimped AJ or AQ PF, but if he did he'll probably bet either for protection or for value. So by checking and getting nothing but this small-bet and call I figured nobody had anything but draws.
  • 2 replies
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Drawheavy flop so I either call and evaluate with a marginal holding or seriously muck it.

Moreover shoving pre for 19bb aint that bad with ATs but you are asking for high variance then :)

Mucking it doesnt hurt since you only invested 1bb but calling to see a blank on the Turn might want you to get to the showdown to win a SMALL pot.

- Gerv
    • dandycal
      dandycal
      Bronze
      I see. I thought by shoving I'd give them bad outs for chasing draws.. But in such a pot, the chances of finding slowplayers or getting more than one call, thus increasing the pot-odds for drawers is too high for me to put so much money in, right?

I'll be more careful next time ;)