This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

What to 3bet and 3bet call with in PF (6 max)

• Tosh5457
      Tosh5457
      Bronze
      Hey guys,

When facing a TAG/LAG villain that steals a lot of blinds or that raises a lot in every position, what should be our 3bet range? I tend to 3bet with PPs and SCs and avoid doing it with broadways since after getting called we could easily get a TP with a worse kicker. Would it also be a good to do it with JTs or QTs though? What about Ace suited?

And when our raise gets 3betted by a TAG, what should be our calling range? Should we avoid calling with broadways as well?

Thanks!
  • 4 replies
    • la55i
      la55i
      Hi Tosh5457,

Your question is very broad and unspecific. For every scenario I have a different range, so I can't really give you one advice that would work in every situation. Of course we 3bet differently when MP vs UTG or BB sv SB. Same thing with defending against 3bets. So there are plenty of different ranges.

Usually I dislike 3betting pockets smaller than TT because those work just fine as calls too. When it comes to 3betting or defending with broadways, it depends totally on the positions. Did you have any specific situation in mind?

If you are looking for some general advice, you could google Snowie Preflop Advisor or check Weazel's walkthrough ranges: w34z3l's 6max walkthrough - (microstakes edition)
      One good idea is to watch the beginner courses from Confidant91 or Lemon36
    • Tosh5457
      Tosh5457
      Bronze
      Originally posted by la55i
      Hi Tosh5457,

Your question is very broad and unspecific. For every scenario I have a different range, so I can't really give you one advice that would work in every situation. Of course we 3bet differently when MP vs UTG or BB sv SB. Same thing with defending against 3bets. So there are plenty of different ranges.

Usually I dislike 3betting pockets smaller than TT because those work just fine as calls too. When it comes to 3betting or defending with broadways, it depends totally on the positions. Did you have any specific situation in mind?

If you are looking for some general advice, you could google Snowie Preflop Advisor or check Weazel's walkthrough ranges: w34z3l's 6max walkthrough - (microstakes edition)
      One good idea is to watch the beginner courses from Confidant91 or Lemon36
      For the 3bets, I was mostly thinking of the ranges for 3betting vs a raise from BU/CO, or 3betting IP vs MP.
      For the 3bet calls, I was thinking about calling IP from a 3bet from the blinds after a steal, or calling OOP after a raise from MP.
    • la55i
      la55i
      That is still a lot of different ranges :) I have different ranges for all of those situations. Also I have ranges for different bet sizes.

In addition to the Snowie preflop advisor, beginner courses and weazel's walkthrough ranges, our coach Robmaf has made a free e-book on preflop game. It is available here: http://robmafpoker.com/free-e-book-redline-ninja-preflop/
      You could also search our video section for coaching videos that are about blind play.
      And basically if you read some poker books, very many of them include some kind of ranges.

I hope you find some help from those sources. But without listing dozens of different ranges here, I can't help you much more. That is because on different positions you really need different ranges, so there is no general advice. If you ask whether you should 3bet broadways IP vs MP the answer is a bit different if you are CO or BTN. Or if suited connectors should be in your re-stealing range depends on if you are SB or BB.
    • Tosh5457
      Tosh5457
      Bronze
      Originally posted by la55i
      That is still a lot of different ranges :) I have different ranges for all of those situations. Also I have ranges for different bet sizes.

In addition to the Snowie preflop advisor, beginner courses and weazel's walkthrough ranges, our coach Robmaf has made a free e-book on preflop game. It is available here: http://robmafpoker.com/free-e-book-redline-ninja-preflop/
      You could also search our video section for coaching videos that are about blind play.
      And basically if you read some poker books, very many of them include some kind of ranges.

I hope you find some help from those sources. But without listing dozens of different ranges here, I can't help you much more. That is because on different positions you really need different ranges, so there is no general advice. If you ask whether you should 3bet broadways IP vs MP the answer is a bit different if you are CO or BTN. Or if suited connectors should be in your re-stealing range depends on if you are SB or BB.
      Thanks, will check those.