This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

FT 4.50$ HU

• Bruenorx
      Bruenorx
      Gold
      Hi,

got two hands here from final table HU in 4.50$ sng 36-180 man, slow structure. First hand is a bluff, but I am not sure if its not too crazy. It was first hand of HU and I decided to semibluff flop and raise. Got call. Bet turn, call. On the river I was not sure if I want to continue but I remember as Jason Somerville likes to say "we decided to bluff so we are dedicated to this path" and went for it. Also there was a thing that I would be kind of short anyway so I tried and it worked. I would not do this kind of stuff very often but I was a pretty passive whole final table so I thought that might be time to try some move. What do you think?

Second hand was kind of unlucky in my opinion, was thinking about raising on flop, then decided not to. Also it was kind of hard for me to call river but against that small bet... Suspicous but could not find the fold. Am I to stubborn not to fold these hands? Thanks for all advices.

Obviously ended up second as usual after beautiful bluff and one other hand did not take the enemy down A4 against his AK for 15bb. Then lost smaller pot and then KJ hand and then gg flip. Feels like I can never win a HU :D . Thanks for all the advice as usual :) . Hands from pokertracker is from whole tournament/final table.

PokerStars - 1250/2500 Ante 250 NL - Holdem - 2 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

SB: 46.49 BB (VPIP: 24.64, PFR: 21.37, 3Bet Preflop: 2.56, Hands: 141)
      Hero (BB): 28.51 BB

2 players post ante of 0.1 BB, SB posts SB 0.5 BB, Hero posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.7 BB) Hero has Q:diamond: J:spade:

SB raises to 2.2 BB, Hero calls 1.2 BB

Flop: (4.6 BB, 2 players) 8:spade: 9:club: 3:diamond:
      Hero checks, SB bets 1.99 BB, Hero raises to 5.8 BB, SB calls 3.81 BB

Turn: (16.2 BB, 2 players) 6:spade:
      Hero bets 7 BB, SB calls 7 BB

River: (30.2 BB, 2 players) 3:club:
      Hero bets 13.41 BB and is all-in, fold

Hero wins 30.2 BB

PokerStars - 1500/3000 Ante 300 NL - Holdem - 2 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

SB: 38.07 BB (VPIP: 29.17, PFR: 24.38, 3Bet Preflop: 2.08, Hands: 177)
      Hero (BB): 24.43 BB

2 players post ante of 0.1 BB, SB posts SB 0.5 BB, Hero posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.7 BB) Hero has J:spade: K:spade:

SB raises to 2 BB, Hero calls 1 BB

Flop: (4.2 BB, 2 players) K:diamond: 9:club: 3:diamond:
      Hero checks, SB bets 1.83 BB, Hero calls 1.83 BB

Turn: (7.87 BB, 2 players) 2:spade:
      Hero checks, SB bets 4.83 BB, Hero calls 4.83 BB

River: (17.53 BB, 2 players) 7:club:
      Hero checks, SB bets 5.5 BB, Hero calls 5.5 BB

SB shows K:club: 2:diamond: (Two Pair, Kings and Twos)
      (Pre 25%, Flop 18%, Turn 80%)
      Hero mucks J:spade: K:spade: (One Pair, Kings)
      (Pre 75%, Flop 82%, Turn 20%)
      SB wins 28.53 BB
  • 2 replies
    • CptJokerFish
      CptJokerFish
      Bronze
      1. Dont x/r this hand without backdoor fd and i would also not keep barreling on this turn. Shoving with a fd blocker is also not so good. But what ever i dont think anyway that you can generate enough fold equity there.

2. X/Shove river.
    • SDK1987
      SDK1987
      1st hand seems like just a call on the flop or give up. I guess those stats are based of the entire SNG. Maybe good to post the HU stats here. 2nd hand is fine I think. I doubt he will call with a weaker K aor you have reads on him that he can do that. No need to change your hand in to a bluff when you have a decent hand against his range.

Cheers,
      SDK1987