This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2] How to ... here?

• LeMahdi
      LeMahdi
      Bronze
      Your thoughts without looking the results?

Hero (BTN): 126.5 BB
      SB: 183 BB
      BB: 101.5 BB
      CO: 133.5 BB

SB posts SB 0.5 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has J:diamond: T:diamond:

CO raises to 3 BB, Hero raises to 5 BB, fold, fold, CO calls 2 BB

Flop: (11.5 BB, 2 players) 9:diamond: 6:spade: J:club:
      CO checks, Hero bets 5.5 BB, CO calls 5.5 BB

Turn: (22.5 BB, 2 players) A:spade:
      CO checks, Hero checks

River: (22.5 BB, 2 players) J:heart:
      CO bets 123 BB and is all-in,

Hero calls 116 BB and is all-in

CO shows 9:club: 9:spade: (Full House, Nines full of Jacks)
      (Pre 51%, Flop 90%, Turn 100%)
      Hero shows J:diamond: T:diamond: (Three of a Kind, Jacks)
      (Pre 49%, Flop 10%, Turn 0%)
      CO wins 249.5 BB

• 6 replies
    • MyFloXyBabY
      MyFloXyBabY
      Silver
      3bet bigger pre (9-10 BB) or not at all, your sizing is useless.
      The overbet is massive enough for you to find a fold OTR and call only with KJ I guess...
    • zetozinho
      zetozinho
      Bronze
      I'm mostly calling pre. NL2 players won't squeeze enough to put you in problems and even if you get squeezed you can call or just fold, won't be a great deal.
      3bet is indeed useless with that size. He's calling the very bottom of his range to those sizings even OOP.
      Checking turn is fine, but then river is a bit guessing game when we don't improve and he donks. But if we double barrel, we probably have a 3rd barrel often on spades and broadways, and that would be turning our hand into a bluff.
      I see his Ax check-raising turn often. So checking is ok to me overall.
      Now that river... I'm even raising his 1/3 to 2/3 bets, but that overbet is just ridiculous. Could be a great call, could be a great fold. Overfolding is generally better than overcalling vs the low stakes player pool.
    • MyFloXyBabY
      MyFloXyBabY
      Silver
      Originally posted by zetozinho
      Now that river... I'm even raising his 1/3 to 2/3 bets
      I think we can't even raise here in fact, no matter the sizing. Villain isn't capped at all (unless we happen to have a strong read on his sizing but that never happens lol) and will have a hard time calling worse except maybe AQo or even say ATs because it's NL2 but the rest of the time it's gonna be better Jx and fulls.
      I might minraise with KJ though.
    • Oly0909
      Oly0909
      Silver
      I would flat pre, and if I’m raising (and that’s probably never with that hand in position) I would make it 3x.
      Now about the river. I couldn’t ever fold that river, congrats to all you guys who can.
    • herrmutig
      herrmutig
      Gold
      Ye tight fold river. Unless you have info that he is doing that with nonsense.

I really don't see any bluffs here. He literally screams "I'm targeting your Jx".
    • la55i
      la55i
      I'm basically gonna repeat what others have already said.
      I would just call pre-flop, and if you decide to 3bet use a bigger sizing because this is pointless.

Flop and turn are ok but river is a fold. The overbet is huge. You need to win this about 46% of the time to break even. If you include the rake, you need to win even more often.
      Because we made a ridiculous minraise pre-flop, villain still calls that with a wide range, meaning that he has plenty of full houses here. He can also have better trips.