This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2] Player UTG is on monkey tilt, and shoves all in, I have KQS do I call?

• 12 replies
    • Tomaloc
      Tomaloc
      Gold
             Equity     Win     Tie
      UTG    36.60%  35.61%   0.99% { random }
      MP     63.40%  62.41%   0.99% { KhQh }

the main problems are that villain might not be jamming any two (or has he been doing this for many hands?), and there are four other players behind that can have a hand.
      i'd fold.
    • la55i
      la55i
      How many hands you have played against this villain? How do you know he is on monkey tilt and what do you mean by that? Have you seen villain straight up shove some hands before and do you know what hands were those?

Against any 2 we are doing ok but what if villain doesn't really hate money and even if he is on tilt and shoves wide his range is something like this:

Equity Win Tie
      MP2 47.85% 45.27% 2.58% { KhQh }
      MP3 52.15% 49.57% 2.58% { 55+, A2s+, KTs+, QTs+, JTs, ATo+, KJo+, QJo, JTo }

Then we are not good... You haven't invested anything into this hand so you could just easily fold and move on.
    • SDK1987
      SDK1987
      I have fixed your picture for you, but most of the time I would just fold. No need to risk so much chips with a hand that could play well post-flop, but I don't like to flip with KQs.

Cheers,
      SDK1987
    • Pokamon
      Pokamon
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Tomaloc
      ... and there are four other players behind that can have a hand.
      this is my main concern. last to act i 'd snap.
    • cms81
      cms81
      Silver
      I see this kind of play a lot especially at the micros and yes normally they will show up with a very wide range here but unless you have notes on this player i think KQs is a clear fold as you haven't invested any money into the pot and and you still have 4 players to act after you......
    • GaspodeWD
      GaspodeWD
      Bronze
      I agree NL2 is full of lunatics but as la55i says they normally don't actively hate money. It is also likely to be the case that the time you call them is the time they have something. I have had it happen the other way where I played a from overly aggressive hands and get called all the way through, only to pick up a big pocket pair on the next hand and get an all in caller by cards that wouldn't usually call.

I'd avoid reads at NL2 without a lot of hands as people play super random and without any logic or consistency (from my experience).
    • semiramiRNMD
      semiramiRNMD
      Bronze
      It's a call if you are 100% sure that he is shoving any2. You have about 60% vs random hand, maybe a bit more but we have rake, so 60 is a good estimate. You win 20BB. Of course there are players behind you, but you have blockers and you'll rarely get overcalls at least with hands that crush you. The problem here is that you can never be sure that he has a random hand, this will happen very rarely even on 2NL. So, fold is the right move.
    • SittingOuts
      SittingOuts
      Bronze
      Thanks for all the feed back! In hindsight it should have been a fold, with you guys giving me two good reason: Nothing invested in the pot and players left behind to act.

No fun in folding, but next time I will lay it down :)

No Limit Hold'em $0.01/$0.02

Stacks:
      UTG - UTG ($2.00)
      MP - Hero ($3.86)
      CO - CO ($2.94)
      BTN - BTN ($1.40)
      SB - SB ($2.92)
      BB - BB ($2.00)

Preflop: ($0.03, 6 players) Hero is MP with Qh Kh
      UTG raises to $2.00 (all-in), Hero raises to $3.86 (all-in), 4 folds, Uncalled bet of $1.86 returned to Hero

Flop: 8s 7d 2c ($4.03, 2 players, 1 all-in - UTG: $0.00, Hero: $1.86)

Turn: 3d ($4.03, 2 players, 1 all-in - UTG: $0.00, Hero: $1.86)

River: Jc ($4.03, 2 players, 1 all-in - UTG: $0.00, Hero: $1.86)

Total Pot: $4.03
      UTG shows 5h Ad (high card Ace)
      Hero shows Qh Kh (high card King)

UTG wins $3.79
    • SittingOuts
      SittingOuts
      Bronze
      How do I post a pic?
    • la55i
      la55i
      Originally posted by SittingOuts
      How do I post a pic?
      You can either drag and drop the pic to this text box, or if you have uploaded it somewhere you can click the picture button and paste a link to the pic.
    • SittingOuts
      SittingOuts
      Bronze
      [img]/Users/MBA/Desktop/poker/ranges.tiff[/img]
    • la55i
      la55i
      The file must be online, for example in some photo sharing service or cloud service. Now you try to link to your own computer. If you have the pic on your pc, you could just drag and drop it here.