This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2] Trips Vs Full

• LeMahdi
      LeMahdi
      Bronze
      PokerStars - €0.02 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 5 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

Hero (UTG): 84 BB
      CO: 100 BB
      BTN: 94 BB
      SB: 105 BB
      BB: 271 BB

SB posts SB 0.5 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has A:club: Q:heart:

Hero raises to 3 BB, fold, fold, SB raises to 10 BB, fold, Hero raises to 17 BB, SB calls 7 BB

Flop: (35 BB, 2 players) K:diamond: Q:club: Q:diamond:
      SB bets 10 BB, Hero calls 10 BB

Turn: (55 BB, 2 players) 3:diamond:
      SB checks, Hero bets 34.5 BB, SB raises to 78 BB and is all-in, Hero calls 22.5 BB and is all-in

River: (169 BB, 2 players) 9:spade:

SB shows 3:spade: 3:club: (Full House, Threes full of Queens)
      (Pre 53%, Flop 8%, Turn 84%)
      Hero shows A:club: Q:heart: (Three of a Kind, Queens)
      (Pre 47%, Flop 92%, Turn 16%)
      SB wins 161.5 BB

I think I am reaching to a conclusion: "It is better to win a little than to lose a lot".
      I know you might say "3bet him bigger on flop with like 18 BB". The sad thing is that every time I want to grab all their money at once, they grab all my money at once.
  • 9 replies
    • herrmutig
      herrmutig
      Gold
      I know you might say "3bet him bigger on flop with like 18 BB".
      He 3-betted you ;) . If you mean preflop.
      So you should either call or 4-bet (as 4-betting would be somehow turning your hand into a bluff). So I prefer calling vs unknown here

Flop: please raise him here. You have a strong hand you want to play fast. He will call with AK, AA and some flush draws

Turn: As played we can't fold here.

What a funny guy raising with 33 from the SB vs UTG xD .. well happens. Variance can be cruel. My longest losing streak was so far about 25k Hands. (But not only cuz of bad beats. I had many bad plays as well in it). What I want to say is. Keep it up and don't get demotivated or tilted cuz of those weird suck outs :) .
    • LeMahdi
      LeMahdi
      Bronze
      Thanks man. Yes these things demotivate us, but I will keep up.
    • zetozinho
      zetozinho
      Bronze
      Turn auto-rebuy on. You're playing with a short stack, that doesn't benefit you at all.
      Yep, preflop I call most of the times. This is a hand I have in my 4bet, calling and folding ranges as matter of fact vs SB 3bets, depending on villain. Sizing is debatable. More info on villain would help the preflop decision.
      Postflop you made mistakes on both streets.
      Raise flop, nice and big.
      Turn card is not good and your bet is absolutely awful. You're committing yourself for the river in case of a call/raise.
      Your hand is a good bluffcatcher at this point, but then again 4bet pots at the low stakes have everything but bluffs.
      I'd check-call turn as played or bet small/fold.

Resume: Yes, villain is probably recreational 3betting small PP SB vs UTG, but you just dug your own grave by not raising that flop and put yourself into it by betting 2/3 OTT. He check-raised, putting the ground over the grave and writing the epitaph: "here lies LeMahdi, who passed away for not taking the opportunity to raise trips against a donk"
      RIP.

Note: this is a typical situation where people think they got crushed by variance, and they were in a certain way, but you allow variance to hit you. True variance would be shoving flop and lose to his 33.
    • MyFloXyBabY
      MyFloXyBabY
      Silver
      Wow marvelous hand lol. Villain must be quite the whale, but I have to say I hate every street of your line too.
      Don't 4bet AQo UTG vs SB, and if you do make it bigger.
      Raise that flop.
      Don't get caught by his obvious trap on the turn.
    • la55i
      la55i
      First, I would fill the stack to 100bb.
      Pre-flop this hand is most often a fold or a 4bet for me. Depends a bit on the villain. If you decide to 4bet, the sizing should be somewhere around 21-25bb I would say.
      OTF you could just raise.
      As played the turn sizing doesn't make any sense. You have about a pot size bet left. Now you bet smaller and leave 22bb behind. If villain calls now you would have that 22bb in your stack on a pot of 124bb.
    • Oly0909
      Oly0909
      Silver
      Hey LeMahdi, so your auto rebuy is off again? :-)
      First: AQo is usually in my bluff 4bet range when I’m in UTG, but... If your opponent is fish you don’t bluff him. If your opponent is standard NL2 reg, his 3bet range is also his shoving range, and it crushes AQo, so you don’t bluff him. That means, while you’re on NL2, you can use this move only against best NL2 regs, and then again, you’re not full stacked so they’ll treat you as a fish and won’t 3bet bluff you often, so you can’t even 4bet bluff them.
      Second: While you’re begginer do what other beggining regs do. Against a 3bet, shove QQ+ and AK, and fold everything else (except pocket pairs, if you know about call20 rule). People will rarely exploit your overfolding, and if you see someone 3bets you 4 or 5 times in short period, just leave that table, play on some other. Mabe mark him to know in the future that you can play only on his left side or avoid him completely untill you become more experienced and know whom you’re 4betting, with what hands and most importantly why you’re 4betting.
      That’s just my friendly advice. It will not make you a better player, but it will definitely help your bankroll, and give you a chance to become a better player over the long run.
    • LeMahdi
      LeMahdi
      Bronze
      No it was my last buy in. I busted out the money. That is the reason that my stack wa less than 100 BB. I wait someday too cool off until i deposit again.
    • flygo
      flygo
      Silver
      I would raise to maybe 30BB on the flop with this hand, and plan to shove on the turn.
    • MLima1984
      MLima1984
      Bronze
      Call his 3bet pré;
      Reraise the shit out his mini donk bet (pot or 2/3);
      With his check raise, after a 3rd diamond, i would think im beated by a flush tbh...

Do you guys think we should call his check raise in this case?

Edit
      This think that this thing of losing every time i try to take their stakes happens to everyone from times to times. Its not the poker gods agaisnt you :D